Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looken for Lovein SL 600

Sloopy
12-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Is it soup yet??? :)

LovinSL600
12-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Is it soup yet??? :)

Hey Sloopy,

I am going nuts. The car landed in Baltimore on Saturday, should be on a train or car carrier to the Los Angeles VPC. I had the Dealer call the national Mercedes Benz distribution center yesterday who keeps track of the cars and they told him it would be at the VPC by Friday, Monday the latest.

I have plenty of practice very nicely harassing the Los Angeles VPC (I call it harassing, it is really begging) so they usually get my car out in a day and get a carrier to bring it up. If they don't, I make the Dealer offer to have a flat bed at their door step and they usually get it at the Dealer the next day.

With a little bit of luck we are talking Wednesday of next week. I have all the wood spread out and perfectly examined, matched and cleaned. All the Alcantara panels are inspected and perfect. Sill plates are in good shape, clusture cover sitting on top of the steering wheel and the V600 phone was activated yesterday. The Dealer has the rest of the parts.

Say I was having some serious problems here? My wife is putting up with me but if this car isn't done soon I think I am going to be put out with the wood and Alcantara panels.

Actually, I am one of the lucky ones. My girl is also incredibly excited to get the car and is very supportive.

In the meantime, the freaken car better get here, as I know you understand the feeling.

Sloopy
12-22-2004, 12:11 AM
How can you sleep? Only one more week without it.

You may need to spend the first night in the car.

LovinSL600
12-25-2004, 11:33 AM
How can you sleep? Only one more week without it.

You may need to spend the first night in the car.

Car arrives at rail station on Monday and transported to VPC late Monday, early Tuesday.

I need this car by Wednesday morning so it is going to be a battle.

Got a flat bed ready to pick it up. They won't like that but that is all we can do. We need the car by Wednesday 5:00 AM when my mechanic is coming in off his vacation.

We just need them to put the phone in on Tuesday and release the car to us.

We will see.

Will keep you posted.

Add your comment to this topic!