Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Kenwood amp

Cryo boy
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Sup, i need a wiring diagram for a kenwood KAC-823 amp, i also need the specs

TheSilentChamber
12-20-2004, 05:36 PM
All I could find is that its a 450w 2 channel. All the stuff that came up was in some other language.

Here is a basic wiring diagram for a two channel amp on single voice coil speakers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/thesilentchamber/ampwiring.jpg

Mannyb18b
12-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Thats for wiring in series. You can also wire in parallel but depends on what load your amp can take

sr20de4evr
12-20-2004, 07:50 PM
that's not series or parallel, that's just straight wiring each sub to each channel

Cryo boy
12-20-2004, 09:43 PM
The sub I'm wiring up has dual voice coils, don't laugh at me, its an 8 inch, Im buying another, they are going to be my midranges in the future, but for now they are my bass, my friend is sponsered by MA Audio, but the only thing he can hook me up with is wires, he's got a visonik 12 inch laying around, that he's gonna give me for 70 bucks, but till i buy a second visonik im not gonna worry bout it.
Bottm line: Can i hook 2 400 watt subs up to this amp, and it has a bridged feature, there are four out terminals, to run bridged it says (+,-,+,-) for stereo its (+,-,-,+) so how do i run this amp to power two 400 watt subs with dual voice coils. I know some basic electronics, if that helps.

Cryo boy
12-20-2004, 09:46 PM
oh, and there are also these two small terminals, one says GND (ground i assume, but i dont know why i need to ground this terminal if i already have a ground from the battery on a large terminal) and the other one says P. CON (is this the remote source mabey) thanx

Cryo boy
12-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Well, P. CON we figured out is power control, we hooked it to the head unit, running in stereo, but only on one speaker, i cant figure out how to turnn the amp up, theres a knob labeled input sensitivity, but it doesnt make it loud enogh

PaulD
12-22-2004, 07:19 PM
hey, I run 2 8" subs in my daily driver .... it sounds VERY good - the judge thought I had like a 12" in the trunk

Cryo boy
12-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Last night we built a bow for my two 8's we are running them inverted(does running inverted help your bass? one friend thinksd it does the other says it quiets them), There was a Visonik capacitor laying around the shop so we hooked it up, We tried the 12 inch viwsonik, but my amp couldn't make it really move, it was loud just not in a good way. For rca cabled i just spliced in wires with rca ends. I still only have 20 bucks in my bass system

Add your comment to this topic!