Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Camry

farny
12-19-2004, 11:06 PM
My mom has a 1995 Camy with 60,000 miles on it. She said it is NOT blowing hot air from the heater. Changed themostat, no help. Where do I go from here. Mom is cold here in Ohio...Snow is flying. Also I drove it and it starts to blow hot air then goes back to cold, Temp indication is right in middle of gauge.

jcoble
12-21-2004, 09:18 AM
It sounds like the heater core is probably clogged. Maybe a professional coolant flush would help. Check the outlet hose to the heater core and make sure it is warm at operating temperature and the heater on. If not warm check the inlet hose and make sure it is warm, if it is then the heater core is clogged and may need to be replaced. Atleast cleaned. if it is not warm then there is a clog between the radiator and the heater core. Flushing by a professional should clear up this problem.

burchard
12-21-2004, 02:50 PM
It sounds like the heater core is probably clogged. Maybe a professional coolant flush would help. Check the outlet hose to the heater core and make sure it is warm at operating temperature and the heater on. If not warm check the inlet hose and make sure it is warm, if it is then the heater core is clogged and may need to be replaced. Atleast cleaned. if it is not warm then there is a clog between the radiator and the heater core. Flushing by a professional should clear up this problem.
Serach this site for heating problems. Sometimes the coolant valve is stuck in the closed position. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!