Brake Light Problem in My 1994 Ford Ranger

ranger1994
12-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

I recently had my annual vehicle inspection on my 1994 Ford Ranger. The inspectors discovered that all of the lights work properly, with the exception of my brake lights. When the brakes are applied, the brake lights do not illuminate. All the fuses were checked, all the lights were replaced, and still the brake lights do not illuminate. Does anyone out there have a possible solution.

Thank you in advance,

Ned

graphicassult
12-19-2004, 06:49 PM
well its obviously going to be a wiring problem then if all of that was checked and was fine. The fun part is finding your wiring problem.

ranger04
12-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

I recently had my annual vehicle inspection on my 1994 Ford Ranger. The inspectors discovered that all of the lights work properly, with the exception of my brake lights. When the brakes are applied, the brake lights do not illuminate. All the fuses were checked, all the lights were replaced, and still the brake lights do not illuminate. Does anyone out there have a possible solution.

Thank you in advance,

Ned

Before you go through the headache of trying to trace a wiring problem, you may want to check the brake pedal switch under the dash first.

01-02-2005, 09:19 PM
The Brake light switch is behind the brake pedal. It a small toggle that the brake pedal presses against to complete a ciruit to the brake lights. That sounds to be what your problem will be.

ranger1994
01-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Before you go through the headache of trying to trace a wiring problem, you may want to check the brake pedal switch under the dash first.

Thank you very much. It was the brake light switch.

ranger1994
01-09-2005, 12:57 PM
The Brake light switch is behind the brake pedal. It a small toggle that the brake pedal presses against to complete a ciruit to the brake lights. That sounds to be what your problem will be.

Thank you very much. It was the brake light switch.

ranger1994

Add your comment to this topic!