Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4wd on jimmy

jdjim
12-18-2004, 06:19 PM
hello. hope i do this correctly, new here.
I have a 95 jimmy with 4x4 problems. started with only had 4 low and 2hi. took to dealer and they said encoder motor was bad. by the time i got it home the lights on pushbuttons only flashed. replaced motor. didnt fix it. replaced controle module and the push switch. still not working. any one have any ideas. im thinking wire problems. any body have any ideas where to get wire diagrams for this? any other switches, relays that i am missing? thanks for your time.
hope i did everything correctly and get some response. Thanks again in advance.

nwoutdoorshop
01-08-2005, 03:48 AM
hello. hope i do this correctly, new here.
I have a 95 jimmy with 4x4 problems. started with only had 4 low and 2hi.
I am having the same problem with my 1995 jimmy...Used to be able to switch from 2wd to 4hi in any of the gears "PRND" Now the 4hi does not work only 2wd and 4Lo and it will only attempt to engage in nutrual While in any other gear even trying to switch to 4hi the buttons will not work :confused: ...I have read some of the other posts and have some ideas to check.....just wondering if you fixed your problem....Bob

BlazerLT
01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
vacuum module.

jdjim
02-13-2005, 10:59 AM
fixed my problem, traded for a durango. I found that the encoder motor was bad after taking to a second service shop and they found the first shop left in there code scan tool. thats why anything i did didnt help. always get second opinion.

BlazerLT
02-13-2005, 02:43 PM
very smart.

Add your comment to this topic!