Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Head gasket

Pat_OD
12-18-2004, 12:33 PM
alright so i need a new head gasket on my 3.4 impala i've never done it before and would like to save myself a grand. I've worked on my 85 gmc pickups engine before but nothing like the impala. Any posts on this or can some1 tell me how.

public
12-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Several. Use the Search function on any forum for a car that uses these GM V-6 engines. They ALL seem to need a head gasket thanks to DexCool.
A Haynes or Chiltons Manual will come handy as well. Good Luck.

Solddaboat
12-28-2004, 05:09 PM
My 2001 was having problems with Low Coolant indicator (no real loss of coolant) then temp gage started working intermittantly then finally went south. (Car was still running great) Dealer checked out and said intake manifold had leak. Looks like something going on, ended up dealer replaced sensors, thermostat and intake manifold gaskets (at least $600.00+ bucks) and did not charge me!!! I still have my mouth open.... car has 67000 mi said something about customer relations.... Not looking gift horse in mouth, but this was a first.... Check with your dealer may be a known problem they are trying to take care of.... Never hurts to ask....

Add your comment to this topic!