Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ricy Concept?

Ghost_R
12-17-2004, 01:04 AM
I thought the term ricy (talking about exhaust tone) was sound from a stock exhaust with just a tip on it. I really hate that sound on automatics, but is open header considered ricy as well? I tryed it , but if you want the cops to here you from far off dont.

Milliardo
12-17-2004, 02:43 AM
Not recommended for a daily driver. Too noisy. Anyway, I'm not much of an expert on this, so I'll just refer you to a topic about it (if you can understand Filipino that is...): http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forums/index.php?showtopic=8110

Blister
12-17-2004, 12:33 PM
It's spelled ricey, and it's a term for shitty cars with altezzas and body kits, with stock engines. A stock exhaust with a tip on it will be no louder than a stock Civic. A stock Civic with an open header sounds like complete ass, like the rusty little cars you see mexicans piled into.

doughboy_customz
12-17-2004, 09:41 PM
lol...running open headers wouldnt be extremely good on the engine either would it?

whtteg
12-17-2004, 10:56 PM
There are many views on what is considered "ricey".

crxlvr
12-18-2004, 10:05 AM
look the term ricey does not refer to how crappy a car looks or whats on it(ie. altezzas , etc)

the term rice is used to describe a modification to a car that serves no point.(ex. a huge wing on a geo metro, it serves no purpose)

understand now?

Kven
12-18-2004, 10:16 AM
the term rice is used to describe a modification to a car that serves no point.

:werd:

open headers is way too loud for street. most people will like it at first but it gets annoying. especially when you go to work or school early in the morning while everyone still asleep.

etoomey2
12-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Open Header SUX. I went a day w/open header between exhausts, and I hated it, and plus you lose power becuase there's no back pressure. I was deaf in my left ear for like 3 days after drivin w/an open header. Ricey cars are stock cars w/big wings, big body kits, big wheels, mufflers, painted vinyl interior, automatics w/no mods done to the motor that think their car is "Unique" or "the best looking civic ever"

SiGNAL748
12-22-2004, 12:07 AM
(if you can understand Filipino that is...): http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forums/index.php?showtopic=8110

I understand that :)

where are you from in the philippines?

civickiller
12-22-2004, 01:08 AM
i drive my car with an open muffler, not header and its loud and long drives suck. other then that i love the sound

Milliardo
12-23-2004, 06:26 PM
I understand that :)

where are you from in the philippines?

I'm from Metro Manila. Always nice to see a fellow Filipino here.

Add your comment to this topic!