Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

potential tranny problems?

stanger42
12-16-2004, 10:26 PM
so...a little over a year ago my rodeo was repoed (not my fault, Finance department screwed up some numbers for my allotment. it's since been removed from my record)

anyway, when the guy was putting it on the tow truck, he was pulling it backwards onto the truck while the transmission (manual) was in first gear AND the parking brake was set. he had it about halfway on the truck when I walked out to this plesant spectacle. I saw him trying to pull the truck with the wheels not moving but looking like they were trying to roll forward.

now obviously this isn't something a tranny should ever have to go through so my question is what sort of long term damage can I be looking at? no real problems with it other than sometimes (these times are few and far between) I can't get it into reverse without some coaxing and it's started to stick between shifts (no particular order). anything I need to look out for? oh, and the company that repoed the truck won't put up a red cent if there's anything wrong with it eventhough they obviously did a LOT of driving in it in the two days it was in their possession...

rodeo02
12-17-2004, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't sweat it at all. Since the truck wasn't running or moving, it didn't mash gears or wreck the parking pawl (auto tranny). Rental, loaner, fleet vehicles get treated WAAAY worse & still live long lives.
G/luck
Joel

Add your comment to this topic!