Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Extended Warrenty

spec_v_2002
03-04-2002, 09:06 AM
If i were to get the 7 year 100,000 mile acura warrenty on my type r would i be able to modify it in any way or do i just have to stay away from engine internals?

THX

Speechless
03-04-2002, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't see any real need for it.

After all, it's a Honda and it's a well made car with a decent track record.

Secondly, most mods will not void the entire warranty - but the portion of the warranty that covers the affected parts.

If you plan on doing a lot of mods, you will be paying full price for a warranty that doesn't really cover much.

You would have to get much more vaue out of a warrranty for it to be worth it. Put it this way, if you just about break even, and the warranty pays off what you paid for it, all you have managed to do is paid up front for repairs - rather than paying in smaller increments at a time.
Which for many of us, can be a lot easier to do.

Did I mention it's a Honda?

On the other hand, if you plan to go N/A and some very minor mods, then it might be worth it - if you have the extra cash for an ext warranty
then go for it.

Just my 2 cents.

(gasp - I had to re-write this whole thing again, cuz it got accidentally erased, ha ha i suck)

spec_v_2002
03-04-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks a lot, so lets say i put intake and headers on all i void in the intake and headers?

Speechless
03-05-2002, 10:23 AM
Just to clarify, I'm no expert so don't trust me 100%.

But as far as I have heard, intake & headers should not void the entire warranty - just those parts. And perhaps the exhaust too, I mean i/h will affect the air flow towards the exhaust, so logically speaking I suspect it may void the exhaust portion as well. But nothing else.

It might be a good idea to get some other opinions.

Maybe the best thing to do is call the company directly that offers the warranty, as they might have differing views on modifying.

Add your comment to this topic!