Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gf's screw up

superford
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Alright so my gf asked to borrow my jeep and I said it was cool and gave her gas money and asked her to pour the injector cleaner I had sittin in the back seat in before she filled it up. Well this turned out to be a mistake and she poured like half a bottle of pour steering fluid in the tank before she read the label, when she saw what she had done sht panicked and poured the fuel injector cleaner in, which I think is a good idea. I was jsut wondering if the power steering fluid was gonna hurt anything. I'm afraid to drive it but I have to and so far it hasn't started runnin bad.

JDPascal
12-16-2004, 06:18 PM
If you were to use the P/s fluid like that all the time it would likely shorten the life of your catalytic converter but this "one time" happening shouldn't hurt anything. It will dilute out as you fill the tank a few more time. If your still concerned, fill up again after you're down by a 1/4 tank and repeat 3 or 4 times. That will dilute it faster.

Used to do that with ATF for a bit of a top lube for the valves and rings before cats were installed on cars.

JD

superford
12-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Awesome man thanks for the info. Thats a HUGE releif.

fredjacksonsan
12-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Um, OOPS! Guess she'll check the label first next time.

Did you experience any oddities running ? octane p/s fluid?

Add your comment to this topic!