Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Newibu & Stuff

chef8pie
12-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Hello to all. I bought a used 2000 Malibu LS last week because I liked how it looked and drove. I wanted a 2 door 5 speed something, but one has to really look for something like that and I needed to dump my 1981 Ford LTD quick since the short list is what works with that car. Super scary to the max.

I got the LS with the spoiler on the back, so it kinds of makes it almost "sporty".
I'm still trying to make the sound system sound good and loud. No help there. It sounds pretty cool going to work while I'm still trying to wake up, but try to crank it up pass 1/2 way up, yikes. Even though stock stereos have gotten better since way back, way can't Delco understand that 50W x4 or 6 sounds better at low levels? NM, it all about profits and catering to the mass pops and moms.

In another thread someone wanted to upgrade their sound system w/o installing a head unit. I'm in that ballpark too at this time. While you can't have killer sound w/o replacing the stock head unit, but you do have the added protection of anti-thef with a stock stereo. Though that can depend on where you drive and park. Who wants to steal a Delco?

I saw another post here about taking the 6x9's from the back and placing them in the front with room to spare. Huh? Why?

On paper speakers with a high SPL will play louder. A 91 SPL speaker will play louder then a speaker with a 89 SPL. Will it sound better? Maybe not. It will sound louder with less watts, but will it sound better? That would be up to your ears.

I used to be into cars and my dream car is still an ALFA ROMERO SPIDER. Maybe next time.

Cheers to all that post in this forum. I've learned allot, even the scary stuff about my Malibu. I wonder if ther's still time to take it back and get the boring Saturn?

chef8pie
12-16-2004, 07:37 AM
BTW I'm old enough to be a pop and if I should be at gun point, I could be a mom (damn these high heels are killing me, will you make your point already...)
J/K a bit of humor and very little at that.

I just would like to read a few more positive posts on the 2000 Malibu.

You dudes have me thinking I should take the car back. I don't know if I can do that. I feel bad about it being all alone downstairs, maybe it needs a hug. I could lean over the hood and say "I love you, please don't f**k me over".
Maybe I should open the hood first and plead to the engine and transfer my energy to all the gaskets and seals as I lay apon the top of the engine.

Ok, I'm going to bed now an pray to the Malibu gods to bless my car not to do to me what it has done to others. Pray...pray..pray...extended warranty and not to get screwed on that too.

gapboi210
12-16-2004, 11:57 PM
...................odd.........................jus t odd.....................

Add your comment to this topic!