Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No Lacrosse in Canada

MagicRat
12-15-2004, 09:16 PM
In Canada, this car is called the Buick Allure.
Apparently, LaCrosse is a French Canadian slang word for a personal act of an intimite nature, so the name was changed.

That being said, I think this car is very interesting. It takes over where the old Chrysler LH cars (Intrepid, Concorde, 300M) left off.....that is a very graceful large domestic front drive car, a market Chrysler seems to have abandoned with the new 300.

public
12-15-2004, 09:30 PM
I will ask my Montrealer wife what that act is. These Frenchies are an interesting lot.

DVS LT1
01-07-2005, 11:26 AM
I noticed that as well. My old man is looking at the Allure. Thing I hate the most are the thumbs down exhaust pipes, they look so hurting. Cut out a bit of the rear bumper and have some chrome straight pipes sticking out, then it would look super nice. As it is I'm really impressed with this new car. Its taken me a long time to give GM cars even curious consideration, and this car helps. BTW a car named "Lacrosse" would sound pretty gay in Canada anyways considering it sounds like the sport. :2cents:

Flatrater
01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I will ask my Montrealer wife what that act is. These Frenchies are an interesting lot.

Its an act of self stimulation of the sexual area.

Johnny R
01-10-2005, 01:27 PM
In Canada the base '05 Allure has a lower MRSP than the '05 Century. I wonder why. I'd likely have purchased the new Century, but it has the 3.1 V6 engine. I've been quite unhappy with my '99 Malibu 3.1 V6. The 2 engine problems were i) piston slap ii) coolant leaks at the intake manifold and water pump gaskets.

2001bluebird
11-11-2005, 03:25 PM
In Canada the base '05 Allure has a lower MRSP than the '05 Century. I wonder why. I'd likely have purchased the new Century, but it has the 3.1 V6 engine. I've been quite unhappy with my '99 Malibu 3.1 V6. The 2 engine problems were i) piston slap ii) coolant leaks at the intake manifold and water pump gaskets.

My mom had the 3.1L in her 1996 Grand Prix it was the best car she ever had.

Add your comment to this topic!