Page updated on 12-18-2017

94 Probe GT won't start

jdwoodard
12-15-2004, 05:27 PM
2.5L V6
I drove the vehicle and found that the water pump was leaking. Disassembled the front end and changed the water pump.. Put the timing belt on and reassembled. (may not have been in correct position) Tried to crank engine and saw small flash near battery. (it was dark by the time I tried to crank it) It didn't sound right cranking so I removed timing belt again after disassembly and made sure of TDC by shop manual. Reassembled and tried to crank. Fired when first turned it but would not fire after that. Checked fuses but they are all good. After I let it sit for awhile, it fired when first turning ignition key but would not continue. (like it had fuel in the cylinder when first turned over) Any ideas???

vonage003
10-03-2006, 09:52 PM
recheck you timing belt timing because if it is off then you will have to have some1 crank your car while you mess with the distributor timing (moving it back and forth) once you get the timing belt timing it should start regaurdless of what position the distributor is in just going off personal experience with my damn probe

CrossGT6
10-06-2006, 03:55 PM
If the timing was off enough you could have created a problem.

DO this open all spark wells and turn it over. Push everything out of the cyc.

Now put everything back in and completely redo timing. Check the Cam Wheels and the notch on the crank. If they are off the car will not run.

I know its annoying but you really have to be VERY meticulious with this cars timing. The wrong timing and I am sure you could cause a bad problem.

Again as always if you in AZ let me know and I will be happy to help.

Add your comment to this topic!