Vibration/Shudder in 2003 3.5, 4WD??

Artacoma
12-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Have any of you 2003 3.5, 4wd, owners detected mild shudder (driveline) at certain speeds??

twospirits
12-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum,

There is a tsb (http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.asp?id=394885731#_394885731) on Webtech that shows/mentions this bumper jerk feel on some Santa Fes.

Take it in to the dealership and they should be able to fix it in no time flat.

TS out.

Artacoma
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the forum,

There is a tsb (http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.asp?id=394885731#_394885731) on Webtech that shows/mentions this bumper jerk feel on some Santa Fes.

Take it in to the dealership and they should be able to fix it in no time flat.

TS out.
:sunglasse
No - that one was already accomplished on our Santy... different problem. I have had many attempts by 2 dealers at removing the slight shudder - they have just ordered a complete rear-drive (differential/axels) - after changing wheels/driveshafts didn't work...
I was told by Hyundai that on some of the 3.5 4wd systems - have this "characteristic shudder"... I know some other 3.5 owners that have same shudder...just wondering how many others have the "bug". Some of us believe that this problem may be the reason the Santa Fe is no longer available in 2005 - Hyundai has gone to a shorter/less powerful 2.7 version - the Tucson :evillol: .

Thanks again.

twospirits
12-16-2004, 06:00 PM
hmmm both that tsb as well as this tsb (http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.asp?id=394890045#_394890045) does say if the shudder continues to replace the transaxle which is apparently what Hyundai is going to do.

Interesting to see where this leads.

Keep us posted.

TS out

lowsonoma1999
12-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Some of us believe that this problem may be the reason the Santa Fe is no longer available in 2005 - Hyundai has gone to a shorter/less powerful 2.7 version - the Tucson :evillol: .

Thanks again.

Actually, the Sante Fe is still available for 2005, and still with the 3.5L and awd systems. We have several in stock. The Tucson is Hyundai's answer to the Honda CRV and Toyota Rav 4. They changed a few things with the '05 Sante Fe. Different grill, taillights, wheels, gauges, and it's no longer available with the 4 cyl. engine.

Artacoma
12-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Actually, the Sante Fe is still available for 2005, and still with the 3.5L and awd systems. We have several in stock. The Tucson is Hyundai's answer to the Honda CRV and Toyota Rav 4. They changed a few things with the '05 Sante Fe. Different grill, taillights, wheels, gauges, and it's no longer available with the 4 cyl. engine.

I couldn't "Build-a-2005-Santa Fe" in Hyundai's website - thats what led me to believe they were no longer available...

John,
Do you know of this shudder "Characteristic" that I have in our Santy?? Do you know if Hyundai changed anything in the 2005 drivetrain (3.5, 4WD)???

:icesangel Merry Christmas!

Artacoma

lowsonoma1999
12-20-2004, 12:32 PM
I couldn't "Build-a-2005-Santa Fe" in Hyundai's website - thats what led me to believe they were no longer available...

John,
Do you know of this shudder "Characteristic" that I have in our Santy?? Do you know if Hyundai changed anything in the 2005 drivetrain (3.5, 4WD)???

:icesangel Merry Christmas!

Artacoma

I don't recall hearing any complaints about it. We have done a couple transfer cases, but it's been quite a long time and I don't remember the complaints. I have quite a bit of shudder getting up to speeds in my Typhoon, but I imagine it's from the typical GM front suspensions that are about to fall apart. Which mine is. I'll find out if that fixes it when I replace everything here soon. However, totally different front setups, even though both are AWD, big difference in them.

Add your comment to this topic!