Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about Fuel Door

jmbell
12-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Hello Everyone -

I have a 2000 Tundra Limited, extended cab, TRD package. Has anyone had problems with the fuel door not opening with the key! I wish Toyota would not do this! Any tips would be appreciated. Of course, the dealer was no help! Go figure!

Also, I have a rattle noise that sounds like its coming from the backseat, passenger side, either under the seat or the door. It sounds like a wire hanging down or something, but nothing is there. Anyone else?

Thanks for you help!

gator2764
12-15-2004, 11:05 AM
are you using the "valet key" to try and open the fuel door?

jmbell
12-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Hello Everyone -

I have a 2000 Tundra Limited, extended cab, TRD package. Has anyone had problems with the fuel door not opening with the key! I wish Toyota would not do this! Any tips would be appreciated. Of course, the dealer was no help! Go figure!

Also, I have a rattle noise that sounds like its coming from the backseat, passenger side, either under the seat or the door. It sounds like a wire hanging down or something, but nothing is there. Anyone else?

Thanks for you help!

Nope, just the regular ignition key.

gator2764
12-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Well..... I wish I could give some good advice. It seems like this is the first time this subject has been brought up. Sorry.

Brian R.
03-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Rattle may be your jack or jack handle

Add your comment to this topic!