Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about Ipods

KMoney28
12-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Is anyone here familiar with the way to covert Ipods to play through an aftermarket cd player? I have the Alpine 9831 and someone was saying you can hook the Ipod up through the auxiliary input, is this true? The other way to do it I noticed was to get a kit from Alpine but that allows you to work the Ipod off of the deck, and I'd rather work it off of the Ipod unit instead. Secondly, does anyone know how sound quality is if I have to hook it up using a station like 88.5 etc or hooking an Ipod up to the cd player in general? Do the the songs still play clearly and does bass sound the way it would on a normal cd? Any thoughts would be great.

aznxthuggie
12-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Is anyone here familiar with the way to covert Ipods to play through an aftermarket cd player? I have the Alpine 9831 and someone was saying you can hook the Ipod up through the auxiliary input, is this true? The other way to do it I noticed was to get a kit from Alpine but that allows you to work the Ipod off of the deck, and I'd rather work it off of the Ipod unit instead. Secondly, does anyone know how sound quality is if I have to hook it up using a station like 88.5 etc or hooking an Ipod up to the cd player in general? Do the the songs still play clearly and does bass sound the way it would on a normal cd? Any thoughts would be great.

i think your talkin about the kca-4201 adapter yes? is basically turns the ipod into a hard drive, so sq is pretty good

KMoney28
12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
i think your talkin about the kca-4201 adapter yes? is basically turns the ipod into a hard drive, so sq is pretty good

Yea I think thats the kit. Can I use the auxiliary input of the 9831 as opposed to getting the kca-4201 kit?

aznxthuggie
12-14-2004, 09:09 PM

Yea I think thats the kit. Can I use the auxiliary input of the 9831 as opposed to getting the kca-4201 kit?

well im not really sure, because i don't have the money to buy the ipod, but if they made it just for that reason.. it must be good, i say its worth it, it also charges ur ipod while u listen (even tho ipods have crappy battery life)

avpart3
12-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Yeah playboy. U would be good to go with the Kca-4201. It adapts perfectly with your head unit. And you can control the ipod from your head unit. I haven't heard it myself But I believe the sound quality would be great. I'm currently running my IPod thru a FM Transmitter ( ITrip). It works pretty good but since its running thru a FM Frequency it sounds like the radio. Its good for the time being but once I get up the bread I'm going for the headunit you got with that adapter. The adapter is 100 bucks by the way.

KMoney28
12-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Is anyone familiar with a cable that Apple and/or Best Buy sells that can go into the auxiliary input? It doesn't use a radio station or a connectivity kit where the Ipod works off the headunit. It's one wire into the auxiliary input and you work the Ipod off the Ipod itself. Will this wire/adapter, whatever it's called, work with the auxiliary input of the Alpine 9831?

PaulD
12-17-2004, 10:23 PM
it seems like you should be able to do that .... if the input is a regular RCA type. If you are talking about going thru like the changer input, that's what that kca adapter is for.

KMoney28
12-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Cool, thanks.

Robert991987
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
i work at circuit city. i am not too fermilliar with systems but there is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable if the AUX port is 3.5mm that will give you awesome sound and still have the controls on the ipod. the other thing is a Y adapter that splits the 3.5mm into two rca cables your right and left audio. there are other options besides the ipod for less money that are going to do what you want. dont just jump on the ipod because they are hot. and as for the battery life i have a 20gb ipod and it will hold an 8 hour charge. i charge it maybe once a week. so if thats bad let me know what you get out of your mp3 player.

RickwithaTbird
12-23-2004, 01:25 AM
I personally dont see why you would WANT to use the controls on the ipod rather than the deck. If you have the extra money then get the adapter kit that hooks it up into your CD changer plug, and control the ipod off the head unit. But if you really wanna use the ipods controls or dont wanna throw around another hundred bucks, then buy that RCA adapter. There are so many RCA cable adapters that you can almost hook anything at all up to a deck with aux input.

avpart3
01-05-2005, 09:10 AM
whats good ya'll. Check this article out

Pioneer announces iPod car adapter
Pioneer Electronics today introduced an adapter to allow users to play songs from their iPod through the company's car stereos. The CD-IB100 adapter works with the IP-Bus system in more than three million Pioneer head units that were "sold during the past several years." Pioneer stereos will be able display up to eight characters of text including album, artist and song names, with the ability to scroll additional information. Users will be able to operate their iPods with the stereo's front panel controls. The CD-IB100 adapter, which will be available in March for $140, also takes full advantage of Pioneer's audio enhancement capabilities such as Easy Equalizer (EEQ) and Bit Media Expander (BMX).

avpart3
01-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Here's another one...............

Monster iCruze sees delay, $50 price increase
Monster today released further information about iCruze, its iPod auto solution that allows users to play their music collection through their car audio systems. Originally announced in November for $199.95, the accessory is now priced at $249.95. The availability of iCruze has also been pushed back. It was supposed to ship before the end of the year, but is now scheduled to ship in early Q1 2005. One piece of good news is that Monster now says iCruze will work with Alpine M-Bus aftermarket car stereos without additional cables--most cars will require the Monster Factory Linx Interface Cable and may also require a Monster Factory Linx Interface Module (both sold separately).

Add your comment to this topic!