Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 camry le wont start right away

hottmamita
12-14-2004, 08:56 AM
my 93 camry has done this to me 2 times. i put the key in the ignition and turn it all the way and i get nothing. the first time it did it i started the car and went to load the trunk when i got in it to drive away it was off. then i turned the key 2 times and i got nothing. the third time it started.
the car has no known problems and i find it hard to understand why its doing that.
the second time it did it it made a cllicking sound and didnt start. it started the 3rd time i turned the key.
If this sounds familiar to anyone please let me know quickly, i depend on my car entirely too much now and i cant afford to be without it.

new04quest
12-14-2004, 09:13 AM
I am trying to replace the original cassette player in my 1997 Toyota Camry LE with a CD player. The new CD player fit perfect after removing the old cassette player. I connected all the required power wires. The new CD player is fully functioning. It sounds great when I tried it with an external speaker. I am having quite a problem with the factory speaker wires. I spent several hours on the speaker wires, but I can’t get anywhere with it. I can not seem to find the right combination of the speaker wires. It has so many of the same color wires. The speakers wires color at the stereo compartment seems to be difference from the wires mounted to the speakers, and the wires gauge at the stereo compartment are difference sizes from the wire gauge at the speakers. The speaker wires of the new CD player have 4 pairs, which is good for 4 speakers. Is original cassette player of the 1997 Toyota Camry LE included factory installed amplifier? Do you have the speaker wiring diagram for it? Or Should I go ahead bypass all the stock speaker wires and install new set of speaker wires of my own? My email address is new04quest@msn.com. Please help. Thank you very much for the information.

zeek1403
12-15-2004, 09:37 PM
I would have the ignition system checked out and the starter. Maybe even the battery. Could be either or all of them.

hottmamita
12-17-2004, 12:48 AM
I would have the ignition system checked out and the starter. Maybe even the battery. Could be either or all of them.

How would i go about doing that? where can i go, does it have to be a shop or something?

tatvamasi
12-17-2004, 08:56 AM
If this is happening in cold weather, Fuel pump is bleeding off pressure.

jsinton
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
What a bunch of silly answers...
Anyway, you probably have a weak starter, and it will stop working at some point. Take your car to Sears and have the charging system and battery checked for free. Then you know it's the starter. Get a replacement starter from Ebay and put it in yourself. This starter is as easy to change as can be.

hottmamita
12-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks, silly or not i still apreciate all the help. I will take it to Sears, i didnt know they would check that for free so thanks for that info and i will have everything else checked too.

Add your comment to this topic!