Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

100K on a 2001 Tahoe

supernono
12-13-2004, 09:12 AM
I just reached 100k on my 2001 Tahoe and I have had the transmission flushed, engine coolant flushed, and the rear differential oil replaced. I have also replaced the factory NGK plugs with what the dealer recommended AC 41-985 iridium spark plugs. The plugs I removed were gap to .060 and the new plugs were gapped to .040. I re-gapped the new plugs to .060 and installed the plugs. It appears to be running fine, but I’m wondering if I should go back and purchase the exact plug that I removed from my truck. I also cleaned my K&N filter and I’m planning to replace the cabin air filter this week. Is there any other things I should replace on my truck now that I have 100k. Please advise… Thanks in advance.

sprucegoose
01-28-2005, 12:00 PM
I would go back to the AC plugs myself. They have proven to be far more reliable and worth the extra money on all my GM's.

You made no mention of the fuel filter, I change that every 15-20K mi. or so. Well worth the effort to save your pump. Is this a 4wd? If so you should also change the front diff. and transfer case fluid.

Where is the cabin air exchange filter? Maybe I don't have that on my '98...

abaird
02-03-2005, 12:25 AM
distributer cap, rotor and plug wires. If the plugs are warn out, they could be too.

Add your comment to this topic!