Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help needed with power cable install in accord

AccordCE8
03-03-2002, 10:25 AM
I'm going to install a sound system for myself for the 1st time and want to begin with the power cable for the amplifier (in my trunk). Do you know where I can best put the power cable? In the middle or the left/right side of my car? And where can I get the cable through the firewall(I think that's you call it?) I prefer not to drill any holes if that's possible. Can I put it through where the orange circle is painted or maybe through a rubber ring about where the yellow circle is drawn?
And can I then just put it through the dashboard?
I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.
http://www.rcotm.myweb.nl/accord/accord1/underhood.jpg

hondaluvr97
03-03-2002, 12:07 PM
I couldn't find a place through the firewall, so I put it by the door. You can see it when u open the door, but it was alot easier than gettin it through the firewall. Let me know if u find a better place.

Tominos
03-03-2002, 12:14 PM
you should route the power and remote cable on one side, and the rca cable on the other side that way you don't get any interference. as for the power cable through the firewall, there should be a big rubber wire loom that goes through the firewall. i duno where it is on accords but on my civic, its near the top of the driver's side. all you gotta do is pull that out, and push your power wire through. yeah, i think thats it. good luck

TerryJoe
03-03-2002, 01:14 PM
i there is a hole behinde te glove box thats were i fed my wire threw.

AccordCE8
03-04-2002, 04:07 AM
Thanks for your reply's. I think it should be possible behind the glove box (where the orange circle is put). Otherwise at the door isn't a bad option 2, I never step in on that side of the car : ).
You've all put the wire on the left or right side of the car? Not through the middle of the car? I think this should be possible also, under the carpet.

grumblemarc
03-04-2002, 04:01 PM
Right behind the fusebox there is a grommet in the 4th gen Preludes thsat you can route wire through and it'll come into the cabin right behind the glovebox. Probably the SAME locationt the others are talking about. Unbolt the fusebox to get a better view and see if you have s similar groomet located there. Just cut into it and feed the wire through.

AccordCE8
03-05-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Tominos
you should route the power and remote cable on one side, and the rca cable on the other side that way you don't get any interference. as for the power cable through the firewall, there should be a big rubber wire loom that goes through the firewall. i duno where it is on accords but on my civic, its near the top of the driver's side. all you gotta do is pull that out, and push your power wire through. yeah, i think thats it. good luck

and where do I have to put the speaker cable from the back 2 my frontspeakers? When I put the power cable on one side of the car the speaker cable for the front speaker will also lay on that side, does that give any problems with interference?

AccordCE8
03-05-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by grumblemarc
Right behind the fusebox there is a grommet in the 4th gen Preludes thsat you can route wire through and it'll come into the cabin right behind the glovebox. Probably the SAME locationt the others are talking about. Unbolt the fusebox to get a better view and see if you have s similar groomet located there. Just cut into it and feed the wire through.

Thanks, I already thought so, When I remove the glove box I can see if that works for my car also I think.

Add your comment to this topic!