Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 ex sedan question

dolphinsa87
12-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey everybody i have a 99 ex sedan. Its got the ugly beige color and i want to redo it all the interior the vinyl the door panales and plastic etc... I have searched and read most of the posts etc.... and understand how the process goes.

Make sure i clean all the parts thoughrly no oils etc... sand so paint can stick etc..... very light coats and all that stuff but im not sure what colors to do. I like the neon green color that are on most neons and I would like to do that and black more or less black and some of the green inside and im gonna get a molded black carpet etc... and i am also buying the haynes manual. I am mabye planing on replacing the headliner and I might get racing seats and reaploster the back seats to jus plain black or mabye black and green or some combination like that. But what my question is would it be to ricey. I am also doing stuff to the engine. Intake,headers, etc... all the normal stuff and mabye some more. But where the question comes in is that this car is a normal everyday driver. Its a 5 speed sedan and i know im gonna have the car for a long time and if its breaks down ill brob jus get a new engine from a junkyard etc..

Also if I do the interior I am not sure what kind of paints etc... to use beacuse I have heard of so many different brands. Which would everyone recomend? Thank you

Aperson
12-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Ok...I'm about half way done doing this on my 99 EX sedan that was also that same beige color....I chose black and gray for the color scheme. I don't know how well the Haynes manual spells it out, I bought a Helms manual that pretty much walks you through removing all of the interior (was very nice)..

I bought new carpet, changed headliner, found some OEM gray Honda seats (they were free and I figure I can use them till I find better seats), I've painted most of the plastic pieces using the G2 Flat-black dye and primer. I've had some problems getting this stuff to stick to the plastic, so I've had to go over some stuff a few times; the dye really sinks into the vinyl though so no problems there. I still need to do the doors, dash and moon roof. I'm using DAP contact cement to glue the fabric onto the headliner, center consol and doors.

It's taken me a bunch more time than I thought it would, course I really only have times to work on this on weekends. I've had to order more cans of the dye since I've used alot more than I thought I would and find some black Honda seat belts which has slowed things down also. Still it's looking pretty nice just don’t know that I'd ever do it again. :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!