Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 impala keyless entry

snowhunter69
12-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Ok i feel really stupid asking this. I just bought a 2002 impala and they only gave me a key did the keyless entry come standard in 2002? If not how do i tell if it is equipped with it or not. If it was where do i get the remotes form? Geez i feel stupid, thanks for any help

public
12-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Autozone sells new remotes. Thjey come with instructions for programming. The instructions are also over in the Buick Century Forums.

YALKIN4
12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
autozone has them but you can get them on EBAY for dirt cheep. there should be instructions for programing it in your owners manual. you have to use your factory radio to do it though. its really easy

bermis519
12-26-2004, 04:04 PM
The only way I could think to tell. Get into the radio(use manual to tell you how) and see if there are settings like lights flash when locked, a setting where you can keep the remote from popping the trunk... There is a setting for autolock, thats for when you put it in drive and the doors lock, and put it in park and the doors unlock. If this is confusing, drop me an email and I will help you the best i can....

mike_b49431@yahoo.com

mike

Add your comment to this topic!