Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 jimmy transmission problem

jeffharley
12-11-2004, 05:00 PM
drove the jimmy home from work and noticed it didn't want to shift out of first to second unless I let my foot off the gas. No slipping just didn't want to shift, so I stopped at the local autozone to check the trans fluid (only down about a third of a quart) had the guy check for stored codes but there were none.At that point I went to go home and found out I had no reverse either.the 4x4 has 108,000 miles and has had the fluid and filter changed about every 20 k miles.any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

BlazerLT
12-11-2004, 05:15 PM
You change the transmission fluid and filter every 20000 miles?

jeffharley
12-12-2004, 08:19 AM
You change the transmission fluid and filter every 20000 miles?

Yes between 20 & 25 thousand miles

rlith
12-12-2004, 08:57 AM
When was the last time you changed the filter? 20k for a tranny fluid change is a little exceessive, but not a problem. What year jimmy is it?

jeffharley
12-12-2004, 11:02 AM
When was the last time you changed the filter? 20k for a tranny fluid change is a little exceessive, but not a problem. What year jimmy is it?

1995 SLE 4 DOOR ALSO CHECKED ALL FUSES AND ALL ARE GOOD.THIS HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN MAKES ME THINK ITS SOMETHING ELECTRICAL ,BUT NOT SURE WHERE TO LOOK.

rlith
12-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Could easily be the valvebody... Issues with those for between 93-98

blazes9395
12-14-2004, 12:53 AM
I had this problem. It affects all the years. You need to have the valve body checked. The valve bodies on the 4L60E's have had some issues with them wearing out. There is a correction kit the Sonnex(that's how I think its spelt) and Transgo have that correct the problem. They correct the problem by either oversizing the replacement parts, or by tapping the PWM solonid bore and inserting a new sleve and solonid. I used the transgo kit and it worked. Did it myself. Hope this helps.

jeffharley
12-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I had this problem. It affects all the years. You need to have the valve body checked. The valve bodies on the 4L60E's have had some issues with them wearing out. There is a correction kit the Sonnex(that's how I think its spelt) and Transgo have that correct the problem. They correct the problem by either oversizing the replacement parts, or by tapping the PWM solonid bore and inserting a new sleve and solonid. I used the transgo kit and it worked. Did it myself. Hope this helps.

It turned out to be a shaft in the trans that broke. when the trans was inspected valve body was also bad and there were metal chips everywhere in the trans.So I decided to replace it whith a remanufactured one from G M.~Jeff~

BlazerLT
12-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh boy, that would have cost a pretty penny.

If it isn't installed yet, I know there are cheaper options that are just as good. Ebay, online transmission sales etc...

Add your comment to this topic!