Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TonyKart

igor@af
12-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I drove a 125cc shifter TonyKart earlier in the week while I was at Bondurant. What a beast! It supposedly has 45hp and cornerning as well as braking is incredible.

I also got drive their 'regular' 125cc shifter and the difference is significant - the TonyKart feels dramatically more uncivilized due to its higher output (even though running softer rubber).

I only got to drive the karts on a really small track, I wish I could have taken the TonyKart on the entire Bondurant course (1.6 miles).

simdel1
12-11-2004, 04:51 PM
cool. what manufacturer engine was it?

gigglesnirt
12-13-2004, 04:37 PM
that sounds like tons of fun, i showed my dad the bondurant school for drifting, and the kart school caught his eye and we may be going to that for this summer, its going to be pretty fun.

igor@af
12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
If you do, be sure to mention AutomotiveForums.com, Bob will appreciate it.

BondurantWeb
12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Glad to see you enjoyed your trip here! You drove a shifter Tony Kart? What day was this? I'm here every day and the only Tony Kart I've seen come through was a "test model" that was jetted VERY funky and was not running very well but when tuned right it should scream. Were you able to take a shifter kart class while you were here? We will be switching to Tony Kart first of the year so if any of you come to take a shifter kart class after the new year, expect to be in a Tony Kart much like igor mentioned. :)

We have gift certificates available for the holidays, check our website for more information - http://www.bondurantsuperkarts.com

Miataracer
12-14-2004, 02:22 PM
I really wish I was closer. That looks like a ton of fun... I never got to drive a shifter.

gigglesnirt
12-15-2004, 03:07 PM
for sure i'll mention af, i cant wait for it, it sounds like more fun then ever, bondurant web expect to see me there by this summer sometime =D

BondurantWeb
12-17-2004, 10:00 AM
for sure i'll mention af, i cant wait for it, it sounds like more fun then ever, bondurant web expect to see me there by this summer sometime =D

If you come in the summer then you will definitely be in a Tony Kart...and yes they do scream! What's even more impressive is their stopping power. I don't know if igor drove the same one that we had here for testing, but that thing stopped on a dime!

What class are you looking at taking?

igor@af
12-17-2004, 10:15 AM
I don't know if igor drove the same one that we had here for testing, but that thing stopped on a dime!

Yep, that was the one! 4-wheel disc brakes with some kind of dynamic ally adjusting system.

BondurantWeb
12-20-2004, 10:42 AM
You should have seen our sales guy trying to drive that thing! :) We use him to test and see if students will be able to control the karts OK before we put them in it. Needless to say....he was a good example and showed us that the brakes might be a little much :)

Check out our website at http://www.bondurantsuperkarts.com As soon as the new year comes I'll have all the pictures updated with Tony Kart stuff so you can all see our new karts.

Add your comment to this topic!