Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ls-1 in my rx7 ,its better car now.

ls1mazda93rx7
12-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Ls-1 in 3rd gen is better than 13b 20b prove me wrong !!!!! if plan on racing 3rd gen. the Ls-1 or Ls-2 are only 75lbs more than 13b ,but it also has 100 crank horsepower and 130 or more lbs or torque. just think of all the cheap up keep and actually getting better gas milage, and also getting up 200k miles on the engine!!!!!!! like i said prove me wrong -an Ls-1 total conversion cost about 11k with parts and labor. 12.7 stock quater mile , thats with the stock motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ls1mazda93rx7
12-11-2004, 02:46 AM
ohh the Ls-1 is lighter than 20b with all turbo cmpt. so you get to keep your 50/50 weight. 2800lb with out driver.

fcdriver
12-11-2004, 03:46 AM
I would't put one in my car and the 50/50 distribution isn't going to happen unless you put the engine farther back in the engine compartment. I think the closest that 50/50 comes in to play is when you put a v8 in a vert since theres more wieght in the rear to begin with. As far as proving you wrong it's pointless since everyone has an opinion, you have yours I have mine, does it mean one is right and the other is wrong? No, just means that different engines can have different performance ranges. I can't prove you wrong but I have seen FD's with 13bs that would make you think twice about what you said when it comes to a road course, in a drag on the other hand I'm sure a well preped v8 would be more then enough to stay with if not pass most rotary powered 7s, most not all.

ls1mazda93rx7
12-11-2004, 04:05 AM
well just visit hinsonsupercars.com i think the weight is damn close to 50/50. There video of thr H7 project kicks a@#!

fcdriver
12-11-2004, 04:16 AM
You should check out http://www.myrx7.com/movies/. That shows what a well prepped rotary powered RX7 can do, I like when he chases the Lambo down and passes it. I'm sure that if you spent enough money on the suspension and getting everything well tuned a v8 powered 7 would hold it's own but like I said it's just not for me.

ls1mazda93rx7
12-11-2004, 04:29 AM
thanks for your opinoin, hinsons also told me the rx7 platform is more solid than most ,or all stock vette and wont warp or flux with v8 torque

Soyo
12-11-2004, 09:39 PM
well since the rx-7 isn't made for the quarter mile the 13B or 20B are better. the rx-7 is made to be a track car so the rotaries power band makes it better suited for the track... why make a stupid thread like this anyway? why make a thread saying ARG THIS ENGINE IS BETTER PROVE ME WRONG ARG!! that just makes you sound like a dick

89tracerman
12-11-2004, 10:08 PM
If you keep talking about V8's here in the RX7 forum you might make some quick enemies so just
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/220363noob-med.jpg

mcs
12-12-2004, 03:26 AM
hahahaha good one tracerman

3rdGenLuvr
12-12-2004, 10:42 AM
You rotary sensitive kids are soooo cute!!! :rolleyes:

"You should check out http://www.myrx7.com/movies/. That shows what a well prepped rotary powered RX7 can do"

Thnx for sharing the link that was a VERY cool site with a few impressive vids. However, I dont think the car is as superior to the others AS MUCH as were his driving skills. The dude was a very good driver, the others (C5/6 and Lambo) couldnt hold a line for sh!t.
As for a "well prepped" rotary I agree with your comment but how much does it cost to achieve that "well prepped" rotary? Im willing to bet dollar for dollar the LS1 beats it hands down......bang for your buck, that is.

"the rx-7 is made to be a track car so the rotaries power band makes it better suited for the track" :nono:
Yea I know afterall look at all the rotary engines out there taking the roadracing world by storm!!! :rolleyes:

The bottom line is there are different strokes for different folks.....you wanna be loyal to the rotary motor....all the power to ya!!!

But Ill share what I like about the LS1 conversion:
- Improved reliability hands down!!!
- Better mileage
- And should you be the type who wants to split for a weekend get away involving a few hundred miles each way.....there isnt a threat of being stranded somewhere cuz you specially modded FD cant be serviced by just anyone. Unlike with the LS1 FD where you could just pull into any Chevy dealership.

OH and how many FD owners out there actually take there FD's to a Mazda dealership??? :lol2: Not too many I bet since Mazda's OWN dealer network has proven to be a detriment to their own rotary driven cars. :lol:

If I ever buy another FD it will be for the LS1 project!!!

Soyo
12-12-2004, 11:57 AM
are you retarded? was it not the 787B Rotary powered le mans car that won by a huge margin in like 91 and then rotaries were no longer allowed because they owned everyone else

yea come back when you acctually know something

oh yea and you are stupid because no one goes to mazda because dealerships are expensive... anyone that takes their car to dealerships is just plain stupid

and you can make any rotary very reliable with just a few mods, basically you just don't know anything about it

Steel
12-12-2004, 04:34 PM
actaully, the 787 won because of a technicality... but they were banned because of displacement disputes.

Anyway, we don't take kindly to V8 trolls here.
I know that your v8 is lighter than a 20b in full trim
i know it keeps the 20-20 ratio
i know that it whoops my cars ass

i dont give a fuck. I'm sticking to my 13bt because i like it. So buzz off.

ls1mazda93rx7
12-12-2004, 04:34 PM
well just dont go bankrupt trying to keepup with the Ls-1 FD,i like the rotary's,but there a pain if you want to be rough with them.Turbo rotarys just dont last nomatter how much $$$ you put in them, its proven fact.

ls1mazda93rx7
12-12-2004, 04:37 PM
that german shep is the monster v8 right?

Steel
12-12-2004, 04:37 PM
well just dont go bankrupt trying to keepup with the Ls-1 FD,i like the rotary's,but there a pain if you want to be rough with them.Turbo rotarys just dont last nomatter how much $$$ you put in them, its proven fact.

no shit sherlock. Are you the first to discover this?! You should go to rx7club and let everyone know before they waste all of their money!! :rolleyes:

I could give two shits aobut how fast your car is. I'm not going to try to keep up.

3rdGenLuvr
12-12-2004, 04:45 PM
are you retarded? was it not the 787B Rotary powered le mans car that won by a huge margin in like 91 and then rotaries were no longer allowed because they owned everyone else

yea come back when you acctually know something

oh yea and you are stupid because no one goes to mazda because dealerships are expensive... anyone that takes their car to dealerships is just plain stupid

and you can make any rotary very reliable with just a few mods, basically you just don't know anything about it

Bwahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

First, you really should ask your parents for permission before you use their pc....OK son?!?! :grinno:

Second, you are on CRACK if you think ANY rotary in any time was/is superior to the piston engine. Its laughable that you would even think ONE race event qualifies it to being the best. The event you speak of was Japans FIRST win at LeMans in what was it 13 yrs? How many did they win since? And if you gonna make a rotary ban claim walk your talk and show me a link proving it. Oh and while your at it, wheres your precious rotary history in F1......etc?

Third, BUY & OWN a 3rd gen (Mazda's rotary pride) before speaking nonsense thru that pie hole cuz rotary engines have been popping whether it be their turbo's or apex seals since the inception of the FD. GOT IT, good?

Lastly, you either need to ask your momma to sit you down for a lesson on reality and how to cope with it when it stares at you in the face or see a shrink.

I really have always WANTED to like the FD but seeing FD owners having motor problems day in and out (YEA AFTER THE RELIABILITY MODS!) convinced me to sell. Id rather have a good ole reliable nonturbo six 350Z with less kick or a good ole detroit 8/C6 for a RELIABLE piece of machinery.......that is UNTIL Mazda knows how to make their rotary more dependable.

Oh and I almost forgot SOYO....PLEASE for the good of humanity stay away from RX7 dedicated sites when making an assanine remarks like the one above about dealers....they will laugh you off the forum!
Ive read about more guys having problems about dealers working on their FD's than anything else including you juvenile remark about hourly rates. :lol:

ls1mazda93rx7
12-12-2004, 04:48 PM
but it really eats at all those rotary folks when they get smoked in a street race. theres always that same quote ahhhh "is more of a track car" blah blah, where can you drive 100+mph every day with out loosing your lisence. Rotarys don't take kindly to light to light idling- its not a every day going to work car or drag until you put the Ls-1 in it. K.M.A.!!!

J-Rat
12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
ls1mazda93rx7,

If you thought you were going to come here espousing the merits of the LS-1 swap into the FD, and all of us (obviously misguided) rotary people would be in pure amazement of your creation, you were dead wrong. This debate, will rage on till the end of time. Not to mention the fact that your wearing your age on your sleeve. Does it make you feel any better to lord your obviously advanced age over everyone else? Want to compare birthdates?

Either way, there are street driven FCs here that will whoop up on any LS-1 swapped FD. Thats a claim I can prove. Are they as reliable as the LS-1 FD? Probably not. Thats just fact of life that I (and the rest of us) live with. If your into modding any RX-7, you better have deep pockets. Now, shall we compare the PRICE of rebuilding a 13BT vs rebuilding the LS-1?

ls1mazda93rx7
12-12-2004, 06:49 PM
what you mean is ,how many times do you have to rebuild the 13bt compared to the l-s1 after beating it around and racing it. and replacing turbos that go bad, remember thats all your power turbos.by the way im up to about 400whp thats enough to smoke you and the z06 and c6. and i work for the department of the army ,wg10-5 23.88hr its more than enough to do a conversion a year. and rebuild my ls1.

Oz
12-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Closed. No flaming.

Add your comment to this topic!