Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Tahoe Remotes - which ones?

orn8iv
12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
We recently bought a 2001 Tahoe LT, but it didn't come with remotes. I did a search on the forum to find out which remotes are for our year. Found this:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t111625.html

"Your year does have two different designs that were used, with the remote cast numbers of 15042806 and 15042803."

but the numbers listed, I can't find them on Ebay. So my question is, will any 2 "tahoe"remotes be able to be programmed, as long as the part numbers match? I found a few on ebay that had the last 4 digits the same, but that was it. I know I could buy from the dealer, but it seems like a waste of $$.

Anyone have a 2001 who could look at the numbers on the back of their remotes? Other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

n8

coollx
12-11-2004, 07:55 PM
I think each remote part number uses a unique receiver in your vehicle in order to work. So you need to determine which it is. At the chevy dealer where I worked, when this type of problem surfaced, we would have to give the tech one remote of each part number and ask them to try to program them to find out which it was.

I always thought there should be a more scientific way of identifying the right one, but apparently you can't so I was told.

pimpedtahoe
12-11-2004, 11:05 PM
there is a number in the glove compartment of your truck....the dealership will get the number from there to get the correct romote...they just need the correct number!

k71
02-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Sorry N8, can't help but have another question.

Have a new '05 Z71 and have had difficulty with the memory seats. Neither the drivers side memory buttons (1 or 2) seem to maintain the saved setting, nor do the keys or remote. Wanted to see if anyone else is having a similar problem with the '05. Also wondering if I'm correct in assuming that the remote controls should be able to trigger the memory setting as well as the driver memory buttons - my understanding from the sales person.

K71

Add your comment to this topic!