Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuel delivery problems

GMAC454
12-10-2004, 05:29 PM
hey guy's i need some help.. i have an audi 100 5cyl, non turbo. wont start. good spark, no fuel. i have good fuel delivery at the fuel filter and thru it. i took a line off of the fuel distrib and nothing comes out. not a drop. is this a bad fuel distrib or is there something that controls this, i am a domestic motor head and can grasp anything you tell me. im just not familiar with the foreign fuel injections that much. i checked the fuses for the fuel injections they are good. all fuel stops at the fuel distrib..... thanks
gmac454

GMAC454
12-10-2004, 05:31 PM
oh yeah it is a 1989 if that helps

MadDogMe
01-01-2005, 03:32 AM
The airmetre plate (under the black rubber boot) has to be lifted for the fuel to come out. You have to jumper the fuel pump, via it's relay, to get it working first...

On UK models, you can take the brass Z shaped jumper out (it locks the starter if you take it out) and use this to jumper the fuel pump (after taking the relay out) The jumper livs in a horizontal position normally ----- It goes into a vertical position in the relays place
|
|
|
|
It'll only fit there anyway, I think!!...

Do US models have a place for a fuse on the top of the relevant relay? It would save the jumper rigmarole...

Add your comment to this topic!