Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

67 galaxie or 66 mustang race next spring?

benswolf_1
12-10-2004, 03:42 PM
ok i just bought a 67 galaxie and an extra 390 made to 428 cobra specs(521 hp). The galaxie has stock rearend with a c-6 trans. My question is this-I was going to swap in the new 390 into my galaxie, get a new rearend and wheels so i could take it to the track next spring, Then I found a 66 mustang with a 302 frim a 68 and then i started thinking that i might try to get that car and stuff the new 390 in there with a new c-6 trans and buy a new rearend-then i would sell the galaxie and race the mustang. The other reason I would want to sell the galaxie and change the mustang is becasue the galaxie is almost original condition and all #'s matching where as the mustang is not matching #'s and no one would be offended if i started cutting and changing it so i could race it. With all this what would u do, keep the galaxie and put the 390 in it and race it or sell the galaxie, buy the mustang and try to stuff the 390 in it with the new trans and rearend to race?Thanks!
-Ben

drdisque
12-10-2004, 06:08 PM
I think the galaxie would be the better drag platform, but I'm also firmly against messing with Numbers Matching cars. But then again, there's not a huge following for galaxies. That being said, I'd probably get the mustang.

Add your comment to this topic!