Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Automatic Headlights

Kozy
12-10-2004, 02:26 PM
I just got my intrigue about 2 weeks ago. I want to disable the automatic headlights, but i cant get them to disable. I pulled the DRL fuse and they were still on. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Thanks

Viper99991
12-12-2004, 10:57 AM
ya its simple all u have to do is take apart the parking brakes cable from the rear only if u dont live on a hill and when u do this then in the car take and push down of the parking brake then u have to find the chime speaker and disable it and then take the dash apart and take out the parking brake light out this should take a good day its fairly simple me and my friend did it on his i have one too but i like it because i forget to put on my lights some time

Burnout524
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
When I first got my Intrigue, I didn't care to have the Auto Headlights since they would go on even when it's sunny off (yes, it was switched to OFF). But now that I've grown used to it, I don't think I could live with out them. Whenever I need to put them on when it's raining (and it doesn't automatically turn on) I always forget to turn them off. But when it beeps at me I know what's goin on. ;)

Renegade2k
12-14-2004, 09:28 PM
That doesn't sound simple at all. That is quite a bit of work and disabling of other functions to acomplish a small task. One alternative I thought of is to unplug your daylight sensor on your dash. Although I don't know if this will just disable the system and make it the way you want. Or it just might make your lights stay on all of the time because it doesn't sense light.
Either way it should be easy to test. I think the dash just pops off.

Kozy
12-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks alot for the tips, I am going to try to unplug the sensor first just because it sounds the easyiest. I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again!

Add your comment to this topic!