getting a r32 gts4 soon had some questions

bob stone
12-10-2004, 04:38 AM
well I have a few questions about upgrades and posable performance pluse one problem with the car

first the problem

when it was test drove for me ( i did not have my japenes licnces yet )
it seemed to hang up / stutter a bit during accelration, was very slight happend while about mid range rpm and the car just lost some power for a sec. only happend about 2 times during the test drive. also I have heard that you can kinda tell if the turbo is messed up by a powerfull smell after driving it fast. wanted to know since this car had no wierd burning smells does that mean that the turbo is probley ok ( never owned a turbo car dont know much about them at all )

about the performance, this car has after market exaust and a filter replacement. what type of hp gain would that probley give the car.

it also has a turbo gage that they said used to work but now it has no lighting and dosnt seem to respond at all. this car had a bad battery and had to be jump started could the gage issue be that it takes it's power directly from the battery?

also I noticed that some people at this board are from misawa. does any of these poeple know what would be prices i might find around here for some performance upgrades ( used parts are cool ) and also since this car is not a sure thing where I can find gts4's or gts25t of base ??

Thanks for reading this post

Bob Stone

thegladhatter
12-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Bob, contact Matada (in this forum) before buying ANYTHING in Japan. He has more Japanese hook-ups than anyone here. He can also hook you up with a GTR to Misawa probably cheaper than any good ones there.

bob stone
12-11-2004, 07:58 AM
thanks for the heads up, I will try to get a hold of him

Add your comment to this topic!