civic 2000 si rear sway bar?

dgdarien
03-02-2002, 01:17 AM
so i see a civic 2000 SI rear sway bar for sale, and i have a 2000 civic EX. It is worth it to buy the SI rear sway bar for my EX? Is there any differences? Does my EX even have a factory stock rear sway bar?

If I should get the bar, what would I need for it? Thanks! :D

1993HondaCivic
03-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by dgdarien
so i see a civic 2000 SI rear sway bar for sale, and i have a 2000 civic EX. It is worth it to buy the SI rear sway bar for my EX? Is there any differences? Does my EX even have a factory stock rear sway bar?

i dont THINK you would have one. correct me if im wrong.
but yes it will make a diff. you should be able to feel it.
if you do not have a sway bar, you would need the bar,
brackets, bushings, bolts, endlinks

90CRXZCSi
03-03-2002, 02:18 AM
Yea im thinking you should be able to feel it to. Hopefully this isnt alot of money or you might as well go aftermarket.;)

SilverY2KCivic
03-03-2002, 03:24 AM

Nope, your car only has a front sway bar. :) As for feel of the rear one, YES you would definitely feel it. I can say this from personal experience. I have a 2000 Civic DX coupe, the I recently put a '99-'00 rear sway bar, on, and I can indeed feel the difference. Body roll was lessened a bit, the rear feels more stable at higher speeds through curves, and turns, and the rear has less of a tendancy to want to break loose and/or swing out during fast/hard cornering manuvers. If it's reasonably priced, (under $100 for the bar and the endlinks to it) then I'd say go for it and get it! It's well worth it, plus with the Si bar, you won't have to worry about the dreaded sub-frame tearout that is commong with larger diameter aftermarket rear sway bars. ;)

dgdarien
03-04-2002, 05:21 AM
okay thanks guys. What about a stock civic 2000 SI front upper strut bar? Do you think that would be worth having in my civic, since I don't have one?

dgdarien
03-06-2002, 01:46 AM
any ideas guys? Would the strut bar fit perfectly and work well for my civic ex?

SilverY2KCivic
03-06-2002, 02:26 AM
any ideas guys? Would the strut bar fit perfectly and work well for my civic ex?

Sorry I didn't catch this one earlier. :(

For the upper strut bar, I'd say go aftermarket, yeah the Si one would probably be fine, but I've NEVER seen anyone add the Si one, I'd say get the Neuspeed 4-point bar, it's under $100 for it, and it's about one of the best you can get. :) I personally wouldn't get the Si upper strut bar, just because better ones can be had.

dgdarien
03-06-2002, 04:33 AM
eheh but yeah i'm cheap so i'd rather pay like 10 bucks for an OEM used si bar. :D

dome
03-06-2002, 11:54 AM
Dude, if you aren't interested in the SI sway bar, let me know how much your friend is asking for it. Thanks.
-dome

SilverY2KCivic
03-06-2002, 11:38 PM
eheh but yeah i'm cheap so i'd rather pay like 10 bucks for an OEM used si bar. :D

Well damn, for $10 go for it! :cool: Can't beat that, I mean it is OEM, so it's not that bad. My Si rear swaybar, a friend sold me for $45, it came with the endlinks on it, all I had to pay extra was $20 for the pair of mounting brackets from Honda, for it. :)

dgdarien
03-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Do you think I'd need endlinks, mounting brackets, or anything at all to install the front bar though? Or would all I need is some bolts?

SilverY2KCivic
03-07-2002, 03:41 AM
I'm not ute sure all of what youd need for the front bar, as I havent looked into that one, I'd imagine you'd need mounting brackets for it, and the endlinks you'd only need if the bar wasn't to come with them already. Check out http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com as they have FULLY detailed dealership service pages, which are identical to the ones the parts dept. at any Honda dealership usses to look up parts on their computer with. :) That's how i was able to figure out all I needed for my rear Si sway bar.

dgdarien
03-08-2002, 06:01 PM
yeah i saw lots of info there, but i couldn't find anything on the front bars. thanks anyway though :D

SilverY2KCivic
03-09-2002, 12:15 AM
yeah i saw lots of info there, but i couldn't find anything on the front bars. thanks anyway though :D

Just knowing what exactly to look under, for it. ;)
Here ya' go! (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FRONT+LOWER+ARM+%281%29) The bar itself is part #001. If I'm looking at it right, you'll also need parts #2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 13, 20, and 21. Keep in mind, the parts such as the bols you will need 2 each of, as well as the mounting brackets (#'s 8 & 9, and each one if left or right specific, so remember that). Hope this helps you out. :) Of you get the bar, maybe bring it in to the dealeship with you, so they can get you all the rest of the parts you need to install it.

Add your comment to this topic!