Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

key to lock/unlock doors on 93 camry

hottmamita
12-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Hi, its a new day so i have a new question. my camry has this cool feature that if i lock or unlock the passenger door, all the doors lock or unlock. however, when i try it with my driver side all the doors lock when i lock them but they dont all unlock when i unlock the door. is this some sort of safety feature and is it supposed to be that way or is there something wrong?

Mike Gerber
12-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Try unlocking them a second time with the key (turn the key 2 times in the direction that unlocks them). I believe on the second unlock sequence, all the other doors will unlock. Think of the logic here; if your are locking the door, then you want all the doors locked. If you are unlocking only the driver's door to enter the car yourself, then that's all that should unlock. If you want to unlock all the doors from the driver's side to let others in the car, then it is necessary to turn the key twice.

Mike

hottmamita
12-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Try unlocking them a second time with the key (turn the key 2 times in the direction that unlocks them). I believe on the second unlock sequence, all the other doors will unlock. Think of the logic here; if your are locking the door, then you want all the doors locked. If you are unlocking only the driver's door to enter the car yourself, then that's all that should unlock. If you want to unlock all the doors from the driver's side to let others in the car, then it is necessary to turn the key twice.

Mike

Thanks a lot, that's it. this is my first car with power anything so i would have probably not figured that out for a long time. Seriously, thanks a lot.

Mike Gerber
12-08-2004, 02:54 PM
You're welcome.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!