Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi Spoon Civic Type R

VideoNasty
03-01-2002, 07:22 PM
started about 6:30pm March 1st.... have most all the little things painted...the chassis, interior and most suspension...
currently trying to keep my hands offa it long enuff for things to dry....
I happen to be wearing more red paint than the Recaro seats.....
will be painting the calipers red(i have a bad habit of painting ALL calipers red)
*will be posting pics as soon as i get at least the chassis done....maybe there will be a few shots of my still unfinished Alfa GTV(I refuse to paint any bodys until I get an airbrush, which is taking a while cause I forget to buy one every time I go to the hobby shop! duh!)

turbos86
03-02-2002, 04:39 AM
may I suggest you paint the calipers blue instead, cause that's the color spoon use for it.

VideoNasty
03-02-2002, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by turbos86
may I suggest you paint the calipers blue instead, cause that's the color spoon use for it.

I was thinking about that...I dont have any blue paint....

But Im heading to the hobby shop later, maybe i'll pick some up....thanx for the suggestion
in the instructions.....It said to use Flat black, everything is very simple and basic, almost the whole car is flat black, I have used much artists discretion with painting things as I've seen fit(anything but flat black that is):)

Twist
03-02-2002, 08:28 AM
That kit looks really cool, but guess what it costs at my local model shop...

US$37.95
:eek2: :eek2:

Enjoy building it and good luck!

VideoNasty
03-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Twist

US$37.95

it was US$39.99 at my local hobby shop.....

too much for the lack of detail.....the Tamiya Lan EvoVI that i got cost about 7 dollars less and is by far more detailed, both the model and the instructions... just my thoughts on it.... the Spoon Civic was definately an impulse buy....I shoulda thought it over and just got the airbrush that I so desperately need

daggerlee
03-02-2002, 07:53 PM
US$37.95

you should see my hobby shop, they are selling a Suzuki minivan with aggressive aero kit for $59.95 :rolleyes:

turbos86
03-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Way too much for a Fujimi kit! I love mail order:D

Twist
03-02-2002, 09:42 PM
God bless the wonderful people at Hobby Link Japan! (www.hlj.com)

Fujimi Spoon Civic Type R (http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?FUJ18642)

VideoNasty
03-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Twist
God bless the wonderful people at Hobby Link Japan! (www.hlj.com)

Fujimi Spoon Civic Type R (http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?FUJ18642)

[homer simpson] DOH! [\homer simpson]

tenzoracerevovii
03-05-2002, 01:46 AM
i just recently found out about HLJ.com.........i think the prices are VERY VERY good.......except shipping......you can't blame them......they are across the pacific since im in the U.S........im saving up so i can buy like 4 model cars and some carbon fiber decals ....... save some dough on shipping........ARGHH.....i just wasted 50 bucks on a testors airbrush......

tenzoracerevovii
03-05-2002, 01:47 AM
i don't want to say waste.....except it doesn't work that well........the paint i guess doesn't get pressure and the propellant is wasted........i ran out of propellant and put off modeling for like 3 weeks!

turbos86
03-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Their shipping charges are not that high~ I just receive a package from them and it doesn't cost me much...except for the $10 duty that Canadian gov't charges on it ><"!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!