Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

front stabilizer bar brushing

ngsiufung
12-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Mine is a 94 4-cyc Camry. I would like to change the front stabilizer bar brushing. Do I need to remove the stabilizer bar away to change the brushing. What is the size of the brushing I should look for? Thanks

yotatechie04
12-07-2004, 12:46 AM
You won't need to completely remove the stabilizer bar, but it might be easier if you do. If you go to your local auto parts retailer, they will have the exact bushing for your car, or if they don't most will order it for you.

burchard
12-07-2004, 10:14 AM
You won't need to completely remove the stabilizer bar, but it might be easier if you do. If you go to your local auto parts retailer, they will have the exact bushing for your car, or if they don't most will order it for you.
The toyota bushings are open bushings, this allows you to change the bushings without removing the stab. bar. If you are planning to remove the sway bar you will have to deal with the stab. bar links, which are somewhat difficult to remove without damaging them. Make sure you use some kind of penetrating lubricant to remove the bushing bolts. Overall is an easy job.

Add your comment to this topic!