Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

suede and leather interior

blingboy
12-06-2004, 11:52 PM
i am thinking about gettin' my whole car interior converted into suede and leather. the doors the seats and the roof. and i was wondering how much that would cost to put into my '64 impala. i was thinkin about 2-3 g's but im not sure. can someone help answer my question.

dmbrisket 51
12-07-2004, 01:24 AM
i did valor in my s 10, i did the work myselfe and im verry happy except one spot in my roof that sagged, but i didnt do suade because it was 45 bux a yard to just buy the stuff so if you do suade you will spend 1k easyly just on matereals

RickwithaTbird
12-13-2004, 06:50 PM
if you walk into a re-upholstery shop with 2-3 G's you dont have to say a word buddy, your money will do the talking.

zxicemanxz
12-23-2004, 10:13 AM
if you walk into a re-upholstery shop with 2-3 G's you dont have to say a word buddy, your money will do the talking.
:iagree:

2 to 3 g's in a upholstry shop will get you a customized interior let alone just switching to leather or suade

blingboy
06-13-2005, 05:20 PM
thanks for the help

eckoman_pdx
06-20-2005, 01:13 AM
I work at an Upholstery shop, 2-3 G's won't necessarily get you a customized interior in suede and leather from an upholstery shop. I've seen my boss do some $12,000 interiors, so 2-3 isn't cheap, but it's buy no means a "grip" of money either, certainly not enough to have the money do the talking. I can tell you it won't get a full interior done in Seude, Leather, or Suede and leather. That's a lot of labor, plus those are two of the most expenisve marteiralas you'd typically find a shop working with. To do the front seats, the rear seats, all the doors, the headliner, qauter panels, etc...in suede/leather or a mix of the two (a full custom interior) expect AT LEAST 5K-6K as a decent starting point for a FULL custom interior. If you have 2-3K, thats a good start towards the money needed, but save up more. Remember, not all shops do the same qaulity work. It's better to pay a good place more than an inferior place less.

Good upholstery Suede (Novasuede or Ultrasuede) tends to wholesale at $60-80 yard from wholesalers...retail will be between $80-120 a yard typically, depending on the suede and the shop. You can figure 1000K of suede for the seats alone, and thats not including ANY labor.

With leather, DO NOT skimp on price, get a good hide, not a cheap one. Not all leather is eqaul. I have seen absolute crap leather and really good, thick leather with no scar marks, etc. Spend the little extra for good product, and if you don't know much about the shop, try to see an example of the shops work before you go in.

If you have the shop find a GOOD QAULITY vinyl, there are some good, durbable vinyls out there than don't look bad at all, some that actaully
match leather pretty well at a fraction of the cost. In fact, a good deal of OEM seats do this. They have a "leather" center section with matching leather look vinyl on the outer parts. Most people have no idea. That would be a good way to save some $$ and get the price down. It will actaully save a decent amount of $$ on the materials. It can still look very nice, but it costs much less than leather. I won't recommend cheap suede. Still with Novasuede, Ultrasuede or Alcantara. Other suedes may be less expensive than those, but they are inferiror. Passion suede, for example is really cheap, and I don't mean just price wise. The qaulity of it is far interior than the higher end suedes. Don't go cheap on suede.

Add your comment to this topic!