Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1.4 liberte intermittent starter problem

gunners99
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
hey guys,

was wondering if i could get some help here. i have a 1998 1.4 megane liberte. recently it has been having an intermittent starting problem.
it starts first turn of the key, you drive for a while, stop, switch off the engine, come back to the car and it wont start. the engine turns over but doesnt want to catch. you may have to do this 5 or 6 times before the engine catches, sometimes even having to wait upto 20mins. this doesnt happen all the time, just every so often, like 2-3 times a week.
has been to the garage.....no fault found, (it fired first time for the mechanic). have had the ht leads,plugs changed. anybody got any ideas about what could be going on or ever heard of this problem before.

thanks guys.

spekdd
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
hey guys,

was wondering if i could get some help here. i have a 1998 1.4 megane liberte. recently it has been having an intermittent starting problem.
it starts first turn of the key, you drive for a while, stop, switch off the engine, come back to the car and it wont start. the engine turns over but doesnt want to catch. you may have to do this 5 or 6 times before the engine catches, sometimes even having to wait upto 20mins. this doesnt happen all the time, just every so often, like 2-3 times a week.
has been to the garage.....no fault found, (it fired first time for the mechanic). have had the ht leads,plugs changed. anybody got any ideas about what could be going on or ever heard of this problem before.

thanks guys.

Hi , I've got exactly the same problem recently. Any ideas?

Add your comment to this topic!