'90 Camry electric window problem

quincyguy
12-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi, folks
My '90 Camry driver's master elec window panel is not working.
I swapped the entire switch panel with another Camry.
My sw. worked in the other car, and the other sw. didn't work in mine.
The other 3 windows run fine on their door switches, but not fr. master sw. at driver's door.
Aren't the other 3 switches routed through the master panel?
Checked all the fuses in lower left kick panel - okay

The door lock switch works fine
If it's a busted wire in the door -to- body hinge, is that a beastly job?

yotatechie04
12-07-2004, 01:53 AM
It sounds like there might be some damage in the harness. This can be very time consuming. You might also want to check and see if your connection on your power window regulator is good, sometimes the connectors will come loose, or they will get dirty and won't conduct at all.

quincyguy
12-07-2004, 07:53 AM
Thanks, Yotatechief04 -
I was told to look for a bad "power main relay" or fuse....
Do you where it is on a '90 Camry, & how does one check
to see if they're bad?

yotatechie04
12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
The relays are located inside a black box in the engine bay. Most commonly located beside or near the battery. The easiest way to check a relay is to have someone sit by the relay and you attempt to use the window, and if you hear a "click" the relay is functioning properly, if there is no audible "click" then the relay is bad. The fuse block is divided into two on the Camry, and some fuses are located in the box under the hood, and some are located beneath the drivers side kicker panel. I'm not sure which block your fuses are in specifically, or their exact location, but as long as you know where to look, you will find them.

SMarquez
12-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi, folks
My '90 Camry driver's master elec window panel is not working.
I swapped the entire switch panel with another Camry.
My sw. worked in the other car, and the other sw. didn't work in mine.
The other 3 windows run fine on their door switches, but not fr. master sw. at driver's door.
Aren't the other 3 switches routed through the master panel?
Checked all the fuses in lower left kick panel - okay

The door lock switch works fine
If it's a busted wire in the door -to- body hinge, is that a beastly job?
I ended up going with an auto electric shop. I was told there was a problem in the harness. I replaced the switch first, but no fix. my symptoms wer the same as yours and the wiring looks beastly.

hottmamita
12-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I ended up going with an auto electric shop. I was told there was a problem in the harness. I replaced the switch first, but no fix. my symptoms wer the same as yours and the wiring looks beastly.
Hi, i have a problem with 2 of my power windows and you mentioned you went to an auto electric shop. Was it costly to fix your problem?

quincyguy
12-13-2004, 10:47 AM
I was advised to but a good voltage checker with the light and a point on the end and start gently poking into the wires.
Also, yotatechie04, I think you're right - it's in the connector at either end, or a bad wire.
I have a schematic and the drivers' sw, is on a seperate circuit from the other 3 windows.
I'll be going over to the local AFB to work on it Sat. @ their auto hobby shop ( need a warm place to work on it)

Thank you all, & I'll keep yez posted

yotatechie04
12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Glad to hear you're going to get it done...best of luck to you...I hope you get it figured out...

Add your comment to this topic!