Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Washerfluid squirter problems

xtrememeasures10
12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
I wrecked the front end of my 97 and ever since when i try 2 turn on the mist. my wipers run accrost but my fluid doesnt come out. my tank is full, i bought a new pump, checked all my fuses and also checked the wiring under the hood, not a single problem there, i was wandering is there a relay that controls that that could be blown? any ideas?

Fractured1
12-05-2004, 04:01 PM
1st I would check my leads going into the pump with a test light or meter.If in fact you have power there make sure your ground is good to the pump...also just because the pump is new don't rule out ...check it with leads directly from battery...not a real difficult circuit to trouble shoot...good luck

xtrememeasures10
12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
1st I would check my leads going into the pump with a test light or meter.If in fact you have power there make sure your ground is good to the pump...also just because the pump is new don't rule out ...check it with leads directly from battery...not a real difficult circuit to trouble shoot...good luck

After i got the new pump, and i installed it and it didnt work. I checked the wires with a multi meter and got nothing. so i straight wired the positive wire to the battery. it worked. so my ground connection is ok. its something to have to do with my positive wire coming from where ever the power is sent after it runs the wipers up. cause like i said when i hit the mist it runs the wipers accrost but no power gets to the sprayer. i dunno wat 2 do.

Fractured1
12-05-2004, 06:50 PM
what year, it could be your pulse board on your wiper, may be under a recall...check this site...
http://www.recall-warnings.com/

Add your comment to this topic!