Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone know about air intakes?

tynebeach
03-01-2002, 11:13 AM
I have an 88 honda accord lxi thats in peretty good condition and low miles. Its all in stock right now though and I was wondering how much of a difference would an air intake make?

Also, does anyone know how to take the emblem of an 88 accord? I knwo theres screws in it, but theyre way up there in the hood and a pain to get to. So anyone have advice?:confused: :confused: :confused:

SpoilerV2
03-18-2002, 11:43 PM
considering those years the accord didn't come witha true fuel injection.. still in the carb phaze.. a cone fillter wont' make to much difference. (it wont' fit) a K&N drop in filter.. won't do much either except pay for it self in the long run.. (cause it reusable.)

tynebeach
03-19-2002, 05:44 PM
hey thanks for answering... Im thinking about buying another honda sometime soon, possibly a 1991 civic h/back. Ive decided if i want to work on any car ill want it to be a manual first
:smoker2:

andromeda
05-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Speaking of intakes, I have a '93 Accord. I got her used a little more than 5 years ago and she's still in great condition, been well cared for. Anyway, until today, apart from tinting the windows, some 16" rims, and rain visors, she was pretty much stock. I installed a new intake, took me only an hour to remove the stock box and get that baby in (that's not bad for a newbie, right?). Thing is, in addition to that beautiful deep sound I get when I floor it, it makes a high-pitch whistling noise on and off depending on the RPMs (I'm speculating but still not sure). Is that normal or did I forget something? Only thing I couldn't figure out is where to hitch the L-bracket but I'm working on that. Anyway, I appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Q!

Add your comment to this topic!