Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Camry 4CYL Dealer Price for Timing Belt an water pump

ufatbasted
12-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Got two esitmates on replacing timing belt and water pump from two Toyota Dealers in Queens NY for 1991 Camry 4 cyl with AC

1/ 448.00 bottom line for timing belt, water pump and fluids-
Crank seals, belts not included.

2/ 700.00 for timing belt water pump, replace three crank seaks, new belts and rad fluid

3/Is the replacement of the crank seals and new belts equivialant to a
252.00 Difference?

4/ Anybody here in NYC who can recommend a good dealer or shop for this service?

Thanks

don24mac
12-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Both seem a little high. I just paid (a few months ago) about $350. to have the timing belt, water pump, and all accessory belts changed on my 2000 Camry 4 cyl, AC. (a northwest Connecticut Toyota Dealer) That included the fluid topping off after the procedure. Didn't have the seals replaced, though. But, that should add another hundred or so, I would think.

When I had my 90 Camry 4 cyl, with AC done a few years ago, the prices were a bit lower. I believed I paid more this year due to inflation. Any chance of getting away from the city to have the work done?

ufatbasted
12-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Both seem a little high. I just paid (a few months ago) about $350. to have the timing belt, water pump, and all accessory belts changed on my 2000 Camry 4 cyl, AC. (a northwest Connecticut Toyota Dealer) That included the fluid topping off after the procedure. Didn't have the seals replaced, though. But, that should add another hundred or so, I would think.

When I had my 90 Camry 4 cyl, with AC done a few years ago, the prices were a bit lower. I believed I paid more this year due to inflation. Any chance of getting away from the city to have the work done?

Thanks yet again.
Its my sons car and he will be driving it up North to college 8 hr trip. I had wanted to have the tiiming belt replaced before the trip as its the original and the car is 14 years old. The mileage is
only 56,300 so I may calll a few dealers up north and have him get it done up there if its that much cheaper!

Add your comment to this topic!