Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"Sorry, this image type (6) is not supported yet."

Thourun
12-03-2004, 01:31 AM
I've been having a problem uploading pics for a few months now, I thought it would be fixed since I know other people are having problems also. Every time I try to uplad a pic to my gallery recently it says "Sorry, this image type (6) is not supported yet. " even if it is the the correct format and size. I started having the problem and then reinstalled windows because of the crappy windows update bt it persisted so I have no clue how to fix it or even if its a problem with my computer which I doubt because of the wipe I did. Its realy pissing me off now, I know I'm not somehow entitled to it but its the fact that it just stopped working on me. So yea, not hot.

Glennon
12-31-2004, 03:19 PM
If there in the bitmap format thats probaly why, save them as JPEG instead and then upload them. Thats the only thing i can think of.

Thourun
01-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Tried it, a few others have gotten it too. Which is to bad since it was a very convieninet hosting medium.

Automobile Maniac
01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
I was on my way here to start this same exact thread...what a coinquidink. Any how I have the same problem, it say's----

The file you uploaded was not an acceptable format.:x.gif

The file you uploaded was not an acceptable format.:x.jpg

The file you uploaded was not an acceptable format.:x.jpeg

The file you uploaded was not an acceptable format.:x.bmp

etc... the pics are all under the 80k limit too.

Automobile Maniac
01-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Works now.

Thourun
02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Damn you, got my hopes up. I still get:
Sorry, this image type (6) is not supported yet.
If anyone knows anything about it say so or fix the problem if possible. Its been two months since I made this thread and probably 4 since the problem started.

Thourun
03-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Still happening... I know there have got to be other people getting this too.

Automobile Maniac
03-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Still happening... I know there have got to be other people getting this too.Do you have your album full? Maybe you have too many pics in there already or something because mine still works.:confused: I would say for you to e-mail the big man on campus (igor) but I sent him a pm question 3 months ago and I still haven't heard anything. I don't know man. Make up a new user name just for the hell of it and see if it works with the new name.

How does that VR-4 run? Is it pretty reliable day to day overall? I have always wanted one of those. That sucker has always been my favorite Twin Turbo car (next to a Skyline GT-R of course :biggrin:)

'97ventureowner
03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
I gave up trying to load pics to my gallery so I use tinypic.com now. It's much easier and less stressfull than getting those error messages. :banghead:

whtteg
03-31-2005, 10:41 PM
I have never had any problems with it.

Add your comment to this topic!