Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

BMW Turn Signal Malfunction

planman
12-02-2004, 11:40 AM
I recently bought a 1999 BMW 323i and the right turn signal is continuoulsy on (unless I put on the left-turn signal). In other words, after completing a right turn, the turn signal doesn't go off and I can't manually make it go off. My mechanic seems a bit stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!!!

clawhammer
12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Go to the dealership you bought it from and ask them, and if that's not a BMW dealership, then take it to a BMW dealership.

Neutrino
12-02-2004, 11:48 AM
moved in proper section

blindside.AMG
12-03-2004, 06:51 AM
That's German engineering for you! :lol:

Anyways, I'm not a BMW technician but I'm sure they're real close to Mercedes. You'll probably have to replace the switch assembly. Sometimes the springs inside the turn signal mechanism break so it doesn't "click" off when you make the turn.

planman
12-03-2004, 11:05 AM
That's German engineering for you! :lol:

Anyways, I'm not a BMW technician but I'm sure they're real close to Mercedes. You'll probably have to replace the switch assembly. Sometimes the springs inside the turn signal mechanism break so it doesn't "click" off when you make the turn.

Thanks very much. That sounds as if it is the problem I'm having. I have it back with my mechanic who's taking a closer look.

93gsxracer
12-03-2004, 11:16 PM
It sounds like a failed lamp control module. after you replace it you will need to go to a bmw dealer to get coded.

Add your comment to this topic!