please help me choose...prelude vs celica used

debonaire
02-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Well its time for me to start looking and considering a differnent car, actually i have been looking at it for a while now and came to the below two cars....
92 celica or 90 prelude
I could get the ST but would prefer the GT
And with the prelude it would be the si more than likely...
Also, i could drive stick which is what i think i would want to do because my cousin has a integra(94) and it is hella fun to drive!
Does anyone have any opinions on the above? I heard that celicas are extremely reliable but how many miles should i expect on them? Also, i am really in need of this car to be under 5000$....
What i want is decent speed(capable of taking stock cars)
Decent looks
and more than two seats...not that i will use the back ones...
Thanks for opinions on the celica/prelude or any other cars...
AC

THE4TH
03-03-2002, 02:11 AM
prelude 2.0 si all the way my friend

Mee11
10-13-2004, 12:25 AM
I would definitely go with the Celica. These 5th gen Celicas are the best yet. I would expect well over 200,000 mi and these retail for about $2700 but you can more than likely get one at 2 grand. They also have great Tuner potential, with relatively easy engine swaps and endless mods with a big enough credit limit...

brandon_k_w
10-13-2004, 01:32 AM
prelude 2.0 si all the way my friend

Coming from someone with an S2000 as an avatar; I would get an opinion from someone unbiased.

drdisque
10-13-2004, 02:11 AM
celica ST's are reliable because they're slow, at least they handle pretty good for such an old car thats reasonably sized.

kman10587
10-13-2004, 02:22 AM
How about you get an opinion from someone biased towards Toyota? That would be me, and I'd still recommend the Prelude. The Celicas from back then were overweight and underpowered. Yeah, they were really reliable, but so is just about any Honda. The only 5th gen. Celica I'd pick up in a heartbeat is the Celica All-Trac Turbo.

Add your comment to this topic!