Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Accessories questions

af_guy421
12-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I've got the following
2 Alpine R-Types 1241 - dual voice coil, approx 300 rms
Kenwood 1000 Watt 2 channel
Pioneer Receiver
QLogic enclosed box

I pushed down my backseats, and mounted my amp on the back, and have the area open to the subs... I ran them in a series. Bridging it makes the amp over heat, should I run them differently still?

I got some other questions though
My system is pretty clear, and its got good shove, but I want like a ridiculious amount of shove. What should I do to make it hit alot harder
,and going to get a cap eventually. What should I do differently? What type of box, any accessories whatsoever? additional amp? Im trying to stay under $500 overall though. Thanks. PS.. is there truly a better sub than alpine?

Mannyb18b
12-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Go ported. what are the exact specs on your amp. dont get a Cap. and Alpine isnt a sub, its a brand. I think you are thinking Alpine makes the best subs?..if im right, then you are thinking completly wrong. ( but Alpine is pretty good, really a Sound Quality company, thats why you dont get the "shove" you want.

AndonD454
12-01-2004, 08:43 PM
also.. your type Rs are DVCs.. but what impeadence? are they dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm? and at what impeadence are you running them right now on your amp? im assuming you have dual two ohms and you have them wired in a series and then toghether in parallel? because if this is so then you would get them at 2 ohms and this is probably why your amp overheats (not stable at 2 ohms bridged).. but im just guessing so please send sub impeadence along with the amp specs..

Also, im gonna second the "no cap" vote.. and the alpine is sq vote.. however, there are alpine subs that will get loud, but i just think that if you really want louder then youre not gonna get much from 300 watt subs. building a ported box will help, and we're porbably gonna reccomend a more powerful amp when we see the specs but for you to notice a huge difference you might not be able to do that without different subs. (not sure though)

anyways.. all i basically meant to say was what impeadence are the subs and try to get in the amp specs.. haha sorry i ramble

Add your comment to this topic!