Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heater

Farah51
12-01-2004, 11:05 AM
I have a 1995 Riviera which I just love... It is giving me a few problems now.. Many of these problems have been posted here already.. It does shimmy at 65 mph... One person said it might be the injectors? How would you check to see if this it it.. I have changed rotors, tires, and even rims.. next is the trany... when in park I here a clanking noise.. One tech said it is probably the chain in the tranny.. never heard of that before.. and when driving, if you get into the pedal it will over rev... Last is the heater.. it blows hot air on the driver side and cold, cold air on the passenger side.. HELP!!

mark1950m
12-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Don't think I can help you with the heater but you might want to check and see if there is a steering damper on your car. It's like a standard shock absorber but mounted horizontally. Also check the front shocks.

I'm not really familiar with how they designed the newer Riv front suspension but if it's like my '80-'82 the steering damper is the most likely cause assuming that all the bushings are good.

The chain in the transmission is how the power gets turned 180 degrees to go back to the front wheels. It's a proven design since the '66 Toronado was introduced. They don't go bad too often (at least the didn't use to). You could have other internal problems with the trans. What your describing sounds like slippage.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Add your comment to this topic!