Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

VW Radio Wiring Question: Adding DVD

bulk@hatzakis.net
11-30-2004, 08:13 PM
I have a DVD player that I want to add to my stock stereo/CD player system (not the monsoon, the stock).

There isnt a whole lot of space for an FM modulator and thought, the system already has a spare audio line from the changer (that I don't have), wh can't I find it and try it.

I had the dealer FAX me the pin-out. It has NO detail. Just wire Nr, Color and where it goes (roughly...)

Anybody dug into the VW Jetta 2000 VR6 or other models (the radios are all the same) radio system? Have dscriptions of the rear plugs??

Michael :)

Brandish
12-07-2004, 12:38 AM
It's doubtful there's anything useful in that cable outside of VW factory equipment... It's not simply an "aux in" for the factory HU, there's probably data lines that the deck uses to communicate with the changer, so there's probably no way to get the factory HU to recognize that there's even anything connected to the changer input. You're better off going with an FM mod, or replacing the factory HU with a deck that has aux in.

PaulD
12-12-2004, 07:38 PM
yep, usually the best thing to do in a custom system is to replace all the factory stuff.

Add your comment to this topic!