Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Import Tuner

Morpheus XIII
02-28-2002, 06:05 AM
Where is this one? I see this publication on the newsstands as often as I see Turbo & Hi-tech Performance. Just out of curiosity, I have made this poll, since both magazines are sort of ricey. I personally like 2NR better primarily because they seem to be more of a show-car magazine, while SS tends to flair the riceyness. I've spotted one too many lines about street racing in there (which I don't encourage or discourage, but definately does not belong in a major magazine publication).

ArtemisEntreriR34
07-13-2002, 08:40 PM
I perfer Super Street even though I like them both. I dont know why, maybe because its thicker.

Morpheus XIII
08-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Yeah, thicker with ads. :D

I'm also getting really annoyed with all the writer and editor quirk comments stuffed in the articles in paranthesis. You just can't read a regular informative report through any of SS's articles without running into something childish. It bugs, but I still read it, along with every other magazine I can get my hands on.

kris
01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
tuner has more chicks I think. :D

DMC12
01-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Import Tuner has better cars with 20% less rice:p The women are better, and their writing is improving (they're new). Also, they're local so I feel like I'm a part of what they talk about. Super Street has more pages, but its all the same stuff as in the other mags (ads for Altezzas).

1qtrmilekid
04-07-2003, 09:59 PM
I thought you guys would apprciate knowing this, I test drove the new Lexus IS sport design and it's a supreme machine, but what I thought was really cool was the fact that I got a free subscription to media week magazine, for getting to drive the car. you can get other magazine too, check out these links

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/index.jsp

http://www.adweek.com/aw/index.jsp

http://www.brandweek.com/brandweek/index.jsp

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MaximusGTR
04-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Import Tuner is cool, they had a few articles on my car

MaxSteel
08-25-2003, 12:47 PM
i have a year subscription to import tuner and i have 2 issues left but i definetly will renew it. i like the power pages and well the chicks :):):):) and ofc yea i think its a little less ricey then some of the others. their writing is improving, the cars are nice, and its overall pretty good ;)

bill179
11-25-2003, 09:36 PM
i know which magazine has the least rice of all

CAR CRAFT.

bobby28384
12-09-2003, 01:06 PM
I'd say ImportTuner has more rice. I find a lot of Super Street's comments amusing. The girls seem to be the same on both to me. I don't really 'dig' Asian chicks. :grinno:

BlaxicanYIIK
01-21-2004, 08:24 AM
I see Import Tuner at Food Lion. This months cover girl is smokin'.

buddyglassjr
02-09-2004, 12:51 PM
It's funny to see that on the entrance page, there's a little note that says "As seen in Sport Compact Car and Import Tuner" and yet they're noticeably absent from your magazine list.

V T E C H
04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
As far as how much "rice" is in each magaizne, i would say they are about the same, but ss has a little less. Import tuner usually has more cars featured like the 240sx in last months (or this month i forget) that is just crazy and not as "nice" as some of the ones in SS. JUst my opinion... nobody get mad. haha

Add your comment to this topic!