Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fan problem

trigger57
11-29-2004, 10:20 AM
My daughter has a olds 88 1992 model and the heater blower fan will not cut off. It stay on even if you cut the car off and remove the key. I had to remove the A/C fuse to keep it from running down the battery. Can anyone help

GMMerlin
11-29-2004, 11:39 AM
My daughter has a olds 88 1992 model and the heater blower fan will not cut off. It stay on even if you cut the car off and remove the key. I had to remove the A/C fuse to keep it from running down the battery. Can anyone help

The blower module has gone bad.
Look in the engine compartment under the plastic cover on the firewall. Under the relays you will find the blower module...fairly easy job to replace it

trigger57
11-29-2004, 11:46 AM
The blower module has gone bad.
Look in the engine compartment under the plastic cover on the firewall. Under the relays you will find the blower module...fairly easy job to replace it

Thanks I will check that.

jetkeoni
12-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Why would it be a bad fan motor, especially when the fan runs when the key is off and out of the ignition? I would think maybe it would be a relay with a hot lead that would be stuck. What do you think? ........ after rereading your response I find myself at fault. You are right, it is a module, or relay, but as most I can not find the location of that relay on my 92 olds.

trigger57
12-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the help. The blower module was bad. New it cost $116.00 but I found one at a pick and pull salvage and paid $7.95. It works great. Thanks again for all the help I will be checking back here often. Maybe I can help someone one day.

Add your comment to this topic!