Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Truck won't start now-Please help

monr2773
11-28-2004, 06:38 PM
I turned off my vehicle while sitting in a traffic accident. When I tried to start it back up to take off it wouldn't start. Luckily I was on a hill and was able to let it roll off to the side of the road. I just recently changed the spark plugs and the oil. It's got plenty of gas. But when I put starter fluid or gas directly on the carborator it will act like it wants to start. Other than that it just turns over and over with no starting. I changed the fuel filter today and that doesn't seem to make any difference. Before I turned it off in traffic it was running great. What do I do now?? Please help

Mikado14
11-28-2004, 06:56 PM
I turned off my vehicle while sitting in a traffic accident. When I tried to start it back up to take off it wouldn't start. Luckily I was on a hill and was able to let it roll off to the side of the road. I just recently changed the spark plugs and the oil. It's got plenty of gas. But when I put starter fluid or gas directly on the carborator it will act like it wants to start. Other than that it just turns over and over with no starting. I changed the fuel filter today and that doesn't seem to make any difference. Before I turned it off in traffic it was running great. What do I do now?? Please help

First of all, was it you that was in the accident?

Next, if it wasn't, and going on what you say, it appears that your fuel pump may have decided to quit on you. You will need to check the fuel pressure at the schrader valve, depending on your engine, it will be on the rear of the plenum if it is a CPI or on the fuel rail if it is SEFI.

Add your comment to this topic!