Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help with subs

StoryOfTheUsed
11-28-2004, 05:12 PM
hey I really dont know anything about systems but im lookin at buying one for my car and im tryin to decide between 2 and i wanted to kno which one was better. Its between 2 10" or 2 12" subwoofers. The thing is the 12" subwoofers are only 700 watts with 1 coil and the brand name is like q-power or something while the 10" subs are 1100 watts peak power and dual coil and their brand name is xplore. Or should i get 10" audiobanh thats 600 watts RMS? Which one should i get? and if i get the subs and an amp will i need a new cd player? or can i just use the stock cd player? oh and does a bigger sub necessarily mean its better?

CBFryman
11-28-2004, 06:00 PM
xplore? sounds like someone faking Xplode...lol. uhh out of thoes the audiobahns are the best. give us total budget, we can hook you up.

StoryOfTheUsed
11-28-2004, 06:03 PM
umm right now im spending about 150 on subs i want either 2 10" or 2 12" for now

AndonD454
11-28-2004, 08:27 PM
most likely youre gonna need a new head unit too because almost no stock head units come with amplifier pre-outs.. what kind of car do yo have? also its best to have seperate sub amp preouts, although you can do it with a head unit that has some type of controls for the sub level... will this break your budget? because if you have 150 for subs i doubt you have another 200 or so for a decent head unit..

also as far as the subs go.. i think im not alone when i say your money might be better spent if you would go with one 15.. mainly because one 15 for 150 will most likely sound better than two $75 12s.. however, check ebay because that budget is pretty low and you might get the best for your money from ebay.. youll need the best deal you can get.. also im gonna suggest an adire tempest because its 150 shipped and its a great sub. check www.adireaudio.com

if youre stuck on lesser brands like sony/audiobahn then your best bet is ebay like i said.. but one other thing.. was that 150 supposed to be including an amp? because if so then you might want to wait til you have more money.. i dont know of almost any sub/amp combo thats worth buying for 150.. 150 is low as it is for subs..

Add your comment to this topic!