Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

85 pickup with 22r battery hooked up backwards

z300ex
11-27-2004, 08:41 PM
the other day my dad was swaping batteries in the dark and hooked up my battery backwards. It blew a few fuses and the starter wouldn't turn over. After replacing a fuse, the starter will spin but the coil doesn't have a spark.

What all can be wrong here? are there other fuses other than big one I replaced? Could the coil be bad now?

EZFrank
12-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Its probably a fusable link not sure where exactly they are located on you vehicle.

z300ex
12-27-2004, 10:35 AM
I have changed the coil with no luck. Before, i had spark up to the coil.. I changed the coil, now i have a spark all the way to the ignighter.. I have got a new ignighter on the way..

punkrockdario
12-28-2004, 10:54 AM
i had the exact same problem, its not the coil
its the igniter, its the square thing under the coil.

it costs a shitload of money over 400 bucks. the cheapest way to fix it is to get a msd ignition system. unless you can find a used one at a wrecking yard. they are extremely hard to find used. makes me feel bad, about 3 years ago i found one at a wrecking yard. i wish i would have snagged it now.

taco85
01-26-2005, 07:38 PM
if you still need the piece, i believe i have a spare available. email me at kustom_kruiserz@mail.com

Add your comment to this topic!